Menu
Memphis102
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Latency issues for years.

i've been on the same package but i've come to the conclusion i have packet issues during the game specifically when playing online games.

i have lag/delay when doing an input online which causes me to lose/die. however after 9pm the problem goes away and my games feel flawless and runs how it should be.

i've reset router multiple times but the problem with the latency packet loss still persists.

i have the hub 3. is there anything which can be done about this? i can't stand it. i play competitive games often and it is putting me down due to this latency problem.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Latency issues for years.

counds like congrestion at peak times.
if you play competitive games cable is not the type of service you want its always higher ping than dsl based services
0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Latency issues for years.

If you've been having latency issues for years, why are you still with VM?

There's a few things you can try:

1) Post your router status data here (as formatted text, not images) for Downstream, Upstream, and Network log.  We can have a look for any obvious problems.

2) Set up a Broadband Quality Monitor, let that run for 24 hours and post a shared link (not image) back here.  That'll usually identify whether there's congestion or packet loss issues.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos