Menu
dialatech
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Latency and Jitter

I have been a VM customer for around 11 Years now, I have always been a PC Gamer and VM has always seemed to be okay for the first 8 Years but for the last 2 years or so  i find that the service has massively gone down hill also in that time i think i have had a price increase of around 20% and now another one incoming on the 1st March.

I have there 350mbps package and the speed is constantly around that but when i play games like Warzone, Cold war, Apex Legends or Fifa 21. My ping is always around 60ms. Jitter on my routers built-in test gets reported as between 25ms to 30ms. I have also done other tests and it gets reported around the same readings.I feel this should be much better?

I remember when i was able to get around 30 to 35ms ping and like 2-3ms jitter. 

Also in Fifa 21 i keep getting weird errors and getting kicked from games. One of the errors is your connection has lost sync to the online match.

Its starting to get very frustrating when trying to play with my friends. That much that i'm actually considering moving to someone like Zen or BT.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Latency and Jitter

Hi dialatech,

Thank you for posting on the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear you've been unhappy with your broadband performance over the past few years and have encountered some issues whilst online gaming.

I've been able to take a look at the back end of your services and all of your hub specs look completely normal and within the expected parameters. If you still have some concerns, can you please set up a Broadband Quality Monitor  and post the link to the graph here, so we can measure your broadband performance that way?

Please can you also confirm if your PC is wired to your router?

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
dialatech
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

here is the graph, I have just created this so it might be best to look at it later once it has time to populate.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/a65731519098d2a34587a7ae4b7e2c6008...

My Computer is Hard Wired.

0 Kudos
dialatech
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So i had my computer on from 4pm yesterday and you can see by the graph that ive had quite alot of packet drops. Internet has been okay but alot of sites crashing out, Games unplayable...

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dialatech, 

Thanks for posting the link to the BQM. 

Does sound like we need to do some further digging with tis so I'll pop you a personal message now and we can take it from there. 

I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Emma_C - Forum Team