Menu
DanielM21
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Latency & Packet Loss.

Hi there,

I have read a lot of VM customers having the same issues as me. However no actualy solutions.

I am a Twitch Live Streamer, that streams games and has the VM 100Mb package. My normal speeds are 110mb down and 11mb up. Brilliant. 

However, since my installation date, 16th Dec 2020, I have experienced latency spikes and packet loss. Ping spikes up to 200ms and complete disconnections to Twitch.tv and my remote working, making streaming, working from home, and general Internet use impossible. 

I run my PC through a cat6 ethernet cable directly into the hub 3.0. The speed is not the issue. The problems are the 20+ dropouts throughout the day. Connection is unstable, unreliable and not worth of payment. 

I called VM and was on the phone for over 2 hours awaiting an answer. When I got through I was told to factory reset the router, disconnect all devices, run speed test etc. Etc. 

All of the advice was already done before I called. That is why I phoned, to escalate the issue. I was then hung up on after they sent me an email "to get the best out my wifi" with links to their website, again, items and advice i already read and acted out. Shocking and despicable service. I feel like I am wasting my time speaking to anyone from VM. They only hit out with standard solutions that DO NOT WORK. 

Second line support also changed my channels and asked me to reset my router, again with that being done there was no change in my problem. Still lag spikes, high pings, and lost packets. Again I repeat, speeds are not the problem. The spikes are. 

I am looking to get an engineer visit to find out why this is happening, failing that I will be going to trading standards about this. In addition a formal complaint will be executed to ensure my contract is terminated without fee as the issue lies with VM, not me. The Ofcom fairness commitments states that service should be "reliable over time" and this is not the case.

Why should I pay for a service that is faulty, unreliable, and unstable? The fact VM can't or won't resolve this makes it worse. Payment will be withheld until resolved that's a matter of fact.

I'll uphold my contact terms when they do, and provide reliable over time services. 

I'd love to get this fixed, so I welcome a response that is not run of the mill, scripted, repetitive, nonsense. 

Yours sincerely,

Daniel M

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Latency & Packet Loss.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/I-ve-been-overcharged-but-their-cus...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
DanielM21
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Latency & Packet Loss.

Thanks for the advice. My DD inst cancelled, but I can certainly dispute the charges if I am not receiving service.

Tried calling again this morning, gave up after 1.5Hrs in a queue 😢

0 Kudos