Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 11 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Latency, Ping and Disconnects

I see, and based on the numbers and the graphs and stuff I've provided you can't pinpoint what it may be? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 12 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Not specifically. I don't work for VM (Community Forum) so can't investigate further than what I already have (In this and your previous thread).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 13 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Ahh okay! I will keep on at them then!

It's a rock and a hard place for me, best other speeds are Zen at 56 Mb/s but that's a theoretical max and not guaranteed, everyone else is far lower at around 35 MB/s, I need the higher DL and bandwidth for working but I can't seem to catch a break and get them to figure out what's causing it. My parents live 3 minutes down the road and don't suffer from any of these issues!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 14 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Just keep at them. It needs resolving.

There is a company called cityfibre (https://www.cityfibre.com/) who is currently rolling out Gigabit FTTH (Fibre To The Home) over the next five years to 5 million premises (20% of the UK), so VM need to pull their socks up!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi LouisDT

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear of the broadband issues. I've tried to run some tests from our side but the broadband router is showing as off. Can you turn it back on for me and let me know so we can run diagnostics 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 16 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hey John,

Router is back on now, I reset it because the internet was dropping every 5 minutes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 17 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Also I can't stress this enough:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/32897a9449d10d864be8c1a89cd6831c23...

This is not normal and not what I am paying for, I am in contact with the engineer who came around 2 weeks ago and he has assured me that it is not my hardware, and that it could be from the cupboard outside the building or the connections leading up to it. At this stage is it unreasonable to ask that someone look at the cupboard on the street? Maybe change the connections? As far as I can tell, and this has been going on since I got Virgin, no one has come to look at the VM hardware on the street level. 

Can I also ask if my area is oversubscribed? Because if you go back and look at the BQM, this issue is always present, but seems to get worse around 2pm. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 18 of 19
Flag for a moderator

John is there any chance someone could look into this issue tonight, since you replied I've experienced 15 dropouts in a 2 hour window. The internet is basically unusable, have you had complains like this from the other people using Virgin in the area?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 19 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for doing that. 

I've checked and it does need an engineer visit.

I'll PM you now to arrange.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos