Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Latency, Latency, Latency...

First of all, I've been a Virgin customer since the Telewest/Blueyonder days and I've never had many issues to speak of.

But the constant latency at peak times is driving me mad. After a hard days work I like to relax by playing FPS games online and since the lock down the games are literally unplayable.

I hate to say it but if Virgin doesn't resolve this issue I'm cancelling and moving my business to another provider, which would be a shame given the long term relationship with this company.

Here's the BQM, I live in the Bradford area.

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Latency, Latency, Latency...

"I hate to say it but if Virgin doesn't resolve this issue I'm cancelling and moving my business to another provider, which would be a shame given the long term relationship with this company."

VM management have long ago considered the issue of customer loyalty, and worked out that whilst they benefit from it, they gain most by not rewarding it.  So don't expect discounts, and in your case don't expect them to leap to solve the problem  unless they've previously scheduled a fix.  There is a glimmer of hope that your BQM shows classic over-subscription, and if VM fix any faulty kit that's reducing capacity, or invest to increase capacity (ha!) it'll be sorted.  Alternatively, if the service is lousy enough, eventually customer's churning out will reduce demand, and the good times will return.

Until the current Chinavirus emergency subsides, I suspect nothing will be done, and your chances of arranging a connection with a new ISP are slim.  Fingers crossed the forum staff (when available) can bring good news, but be prepared to jump ship if things don't improve (particularly if VM promise "review dates" that keep slipping.  In the meanwhile, do your research on alternative ISPs.  Without exception the the best for customer service and tech support are smaller ISPs like Zen Internet, Aquiss, AAISP, IDNet, and I'd recommend you consider very carefully before taking your custom to gits like BT/Plusnet, Sky/Now, Talktalk, or Toadafone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Superfast
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Latency, Latency, Latency...

Of course nothing will be done.

Virgin's notorious for having a subpar network and oversubscribing said network.

As long as you pay up every month they're happy.