Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 31 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Re: Latency Horrible - Gaming and RDP impossible

It's been 3 weeks already with this issue. Seems that the only option is to pray and VM doesn't care about its customers.

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 32 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Any Virgin Tech to give me a quick update on this?

It's been very frustrating and disrespectful do not get any update. 

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 33 of 49
Flag for a moderator

I have had the exact same issue as you for 2 months.

3 engineer visits , no fix.

I have done everything I could...

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 34 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Yes, they actually have overused infra with the lockdown. 

I can understand that it takes time to fix because of the lead time for network equipment. What I can't understand and can't agree with is the lack of transparency and updates to the customers.

Extremely annoying.

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 35 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Pretty much identical issues here. Had an engineer visit who claimed there is work going on in my area. That was in April. Plus numerous calls to the 'support' centre who ask me to reset and/or turn off my router which I have done multiple times.Cod and Apex are pretty much unplayable for me. Watching the latency monitor on COD is like looking at a mountain range. Never a constant ping. Ranging from 50ms - 350ms ping. Wish I never signed up for another year as I never had an issue before March.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 36 of 49
Flag for a moderator

HI jasonhorton26, thanks for messaging us. We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with the broadband service, can you confirm if you are still having issues with this? Can you check all cables are secure and do a BQM test here ^Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 37 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for joining my colleague on PM @jasonhorton26,

Technicians often do call before arrival 🙂

Kind regards

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 38 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Pretty bad here as well, only two people at my house including myself. Only two devices using any bandwidth, one of them is bandwidth limited, but the other device still has latency issues in game. I know it's not my router settings (using a dual-band ASUS one) because it works fine outside of normal hours, like between 1am and 7am the latency is absolutely fine.

I've tried numerous reboots and channel changes on the bands but to no avail.

055097a52ecca5971105e59f253cb784482cfa4a-28-06-2020(1).png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 39 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Hey Cedira,

Sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your connection at the moment. 

You currently have high congestion in your area and this has been logged under ticket F008104959 and has an estimated fix time of 1st July @ 9am.

How is your connection running at the moment?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 40 of 49
Flag for a moderator

It's great to see VM responding to people's issues here. Unfortunately though it looks like you guys have the same problem as me. Ultra high latency in games + packet loss making it unplayable. Engineers going to folks houses say this is a high utilisation/congestion issue, nothing to do with resetting your router/checking your cables - good to check but 99% of the time it won't be the issue.

VM have oversubscribed areas. Now that the majority of people are working from home their infrastructure just can't handle the strain and you're experiencing the side effects. Look at any other forum thread over the past few months, people have been getting fix dates since April that keep getting delayed. It is now July and not a single fix. Sure it's frustrating for the forum team as it's completely out of their control.

Some users are getting letters from VM saying they're upgrading the infrastructure in their area to cope with the demand. Unless you get one of these letters, i doubt you'll find a fix. You're better off just switching to a slower 30-60mb connection from another ISP. Yes it's slower but your experience will be far more consistent. People on the forums recommend Ghost Broadband - a package made for gamers. Check it out.

4ecc8076c66de34d8b01f98831cf98f1c2d4d593

0 Kudos