Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 11 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Re: Latency Horrible - Gaming and RDP impossible

Hi @TonyDc,

Speed isn't the real problem, at least for me. Latency is a quality issue.

If the latency is caused by VM infra issues speed upgrade won't help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 49
Flag for a moderator

He is right. Upgrading will do nothing. And price is way too expensive as well. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Are you hardwired? if not hardwired and see if problem persists. Due to a lot of people working from home there maybe network interference one some of the frequencies. If by reset you mean you've turned it off and on i suggest doing a pin hole reset which is located on the back of the modem push this button in for 50 seconds this will cause a firmware reset during this time you modem may be offline for 5mins+ also being a gamer i have been experiencing latency spikes due to the games servers for example just before when trying to get into modern warfare there was a queue for over 10 mins and when i got into the game there was very noticeable spikes causing some matches to be unplayable something to keep and eye on. 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 49
Flag for a moderator

all products have their down sides as you said you can buy a car and have problems with it. same goes for tech not everything is perfect and problems do arise and being a Virgin Media tech i can say that both managers and my colleagues do care and we do try our best to fix problems when we get a hold of them. 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 15 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Is your experience the same as mine? Just did a quick recording.

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 49
Flag for a moderator

yes exact same a lot of rubber banding ive seen other user comment about CS:GO in the last few days as well, ive just checked their twitter and it looks like it is a issue on their side as they have address a fix for the stutters

https://twitter.com/CSGO/status/1243358217037467651

csgo.PNG

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 17 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Hi Phil_C1.

As said in my first post, I've tried the wired connection with two different cables and both my gaming computer and my laptop.

I'll try reset as you said.

Please, don't try to blame the gaming servers. What explains my BQM if the issue is on their side?

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 18 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Hey Phil, I've tested multiple games, and am positive it is not due to the game as I am not on an NVIDIA system as well. (ethernet)

Even video calls on facetime have the same sort of effect.(wifi)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 49
Flag for a moderator

No, it is like buying new car with issues. You should not expect problems with connections. It doesn't work like that dude. You pay and you want good product, not faulty, simple. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 20 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Hey,

I've reset the router and still have the issue.

Please, see the live BQM: 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/121518d621d9717f762deef3d5f51849e86f549d

0 Kudos