Menu
Derri
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Last 2-3 months Severe Ping/Lag Spikes

Hi,

I've been gaming on a wired and wireless connection and over the last two months I've noticed a significant issue with ping spiking high at times causing severe lag. Both wired and wireless give the same result. 

I've got the hub 3 with 200mb. Playing on the PS5, i do get small spikes on most games but it's absolutely horrendous on warzone. I've tried wired and wireless with no great joy.

Kinda at my wits end to be honest. 

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Last 2-3 months Severe Ping/Lag Spikes

Let's see how latency and packet loss are on your connection: Setup a BQM over at https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality that'll show what's going on with your VM connection.  Post a LINK to a LIVE, SHARED graph here and we'll see what's happening.  Usually needs to run for 24 hours before we can draw reasonable conclusions, but the live graph will continuously update so you can post the link immediately.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Last 2-3 months Severe Ping/Lag Spikes

Hi Derri, thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had with ping/lag spikes. 

I wasn't able to look into this using your forum details alone, please get back to me via PM and we'll be able to look further into it.

Tom

0 Kudos