Menu
wnarburgh
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Lag, rubber banding and high latency (Apex/WoW)

Hi,

I've recently started to get a lot of lag and rubber banding when playing Apex Legends, to the point where it's basically unplayable. My latency is also a lot higher when playing WoW.

It doesn't seem to be a problem with speed, I'm on 200Mbps and get around that speed pretty consistently on speed tests.

I don't have these issues at all when using my exact same setup at my girlfriend's (she's not with Virgin, 60-70Mbps connection).

I've had a BQM running this week, and here are the results from a few days.

Tuesday:

tuesday.png

Wednesday:

wednesday.png

Thursday:

thursday.png

Any advice about what I can do?

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lag, rubber banding and high latency (Apex/WoW)

It looks like its happening during business hours so going to say its upstream congestion on your local Virgin network due to home workers, is anybody in your houshold working from home or any uploading going on during the hours where latency is high.... might be worth noting what your upload speed is when testing.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
wnarburgh
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I've mainly been trying to play just after work, so between around 6pm and 9pm. No one else in my flat is using the internet at the same time.

Do you know if I can/how I can report this issue to Virgin?

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Here is just as about as good as any., the Virgin staff should be able to pick this up within a few days.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos