Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Lag and latency

Need help on line gaming is a joke  paying for top internet . Done all the usual  reboot super hub./ port forwarding. Latency  spikes  rangeing form 45 which is good to 200-400  any help would  be great  be for i end up in the nut house 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lag and latency

Hi,

Please PM me with your account number and area ref and I can take a look at this for you.

Thanks Chris

To PM just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any of the info I've asked for in this thread as it's public

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Rubber banding slow

Need help im experiencing latency spikes rubber banding  slow internet  during pc game play  in call of duty modern warfare  ive open my nat type to open and port forwarding  on the super hub 3 this all so happens watching Netflix ect ive unplugged all connected devices  nothing as any affect ive phoned virgin and they couldn't help and technically was supposed to have had a call back yesterday  but never did i can only assume its due to people being  furlough the super hub 3 is  new im on top internet package. Question  should the cable  to my home should have been  updated along with the super hub 3. Question are engineers  still coming out for repairs ect any would really much appreciated  as my son has cerebral palsy  and he gets really frustrated with internet  thanks 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Rubber banding slow

Hi there 

I had the same issue try and open DNS 8.8.8.8 and Alt 8.8.4.4  it worked for me no more rubber lag and stuttering. What it does is using google DNS instead of you're ISP DNS which i can say they are really bad..

Let me know if it worked for you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I tried doing this but used Cloudflares DNS service (1.1.1.1) as it's supposed to be the fastest DNS lookup service in the world. I edited my network settings on my PS4 but it didn't seem to make any difference. Is there a way to do this on the Superhub 2.AC? 

I'll try using Google's DNS servers to see if it's any better. Has anybody else had success with this method? 

I'm literally sick and tired of Virgin's poor service now, Can't wait until lockdown is over.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

This could be from sudden surge in demand in your area. Some areas I have witnessed going from 24% utilisation to 98% in the matter of a few weeks... when lock down started.

And so Virgin are trying to work as much as they can on fixing these issues, but they are running on reduced staff of course, especially with any highly vulnerable staff unable to work in the field.

Send me a PM with your Account Number and Area Reference and I'll look into this for you.

To send me a Private Message just simply click the link below:

Click Here 

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a Service Field Technician at Virgin. However, all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 3

Hi wonder if anyone can help ive got an issue  with my super hub3  i was having a lag with on line gaming  tryed lots of fixes  none have worked but what i have found if i do an hard rest by pressing the the button on the back of the super hub  problem goes away  for about 1hour then i have to reset again  any help would be grateful 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 3

@123rage45 Please don't create multiple threads for the same issue, it doesn't get your issue resolved any quicker and is against the forum rules.  I have merged your threads.

I see from your previous threads that VM techs have offered to check your connection if you sent them a PM, did you do this?  If so what did their checks show?

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 3

@123rage45 Thanks for the PM, but as I don't work for VM I can't help you directly and I have deleted your PM as it contained you account number which should only be shared with VM staff.

As you have not received replies from your PMs to the field techs I'll see if we can get one of the regular forum team to take a look at your connection.

@ModTeam Please can you ask one of the forum team to visit this thread and check @123rage45's connection as they appear to have been ignored by the field techs and have been waiting several weeks for some help.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lag and latency

Sorry to hear you've not had a response to the PM's you have sent 123rage45, certainly not the experience we want for any of our customers or forum members.

I'm going to send you a Private message, if you could respond I'm happy to look into this further for you.

Rob