Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: LATENCY with VM a JOKE 10mb on any other providers 20 times as stable as 100mb VM

i know this for a fact. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 12 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: LATENCY with VM a JOKE 10mb on any other providers 20 times as stable as 100mb VM

@lucan07 wrote:

The volume is not the problem for any gamers the amount of traffic you use is miniscule unless you also stream 128kb up and down is all I need to race 60 cars on a 20km track with competitors spread out all over the world, gaming transmits relitavely little data but even at 128kb VM cannot supply sufficient quality or sufficient packets, as a rule 1-3% loss is barely noticed but with VM losses are no where near 3-4% but ten times that 30-40%.

I agree wholeheartedly. VM MUST as a matter of priority invest in sufficient quality and sufficient packets! 

Also what now?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 13 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@MrFlid wrote:

i know this for a fact. 

No you dont. Youve read something somewhere and have filtered it through your confirmation bias to come up with a theory that is just plain wrong.

Traffic management is completly seperate to QOS (or as you put it "traffic manage their aggregation points") and both are different to traffic shaping.

VM do not traffic manage.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 14 of 17
Flag for a moderator

There is no sort of management at VM, frauds & deception are committed not managed!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 15 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@lucan07 wrote:

There is no sort of management at VM, frauds & deception are committed not managed!

A well reasoned and thought out response.

Having proved you have nothing to contribute reference networking, you are moving on to management consultancy?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 16 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I am certainly not listening to a fool trolling the company line.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 17 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Same troll on every post a useless little man sitting behind a screen pushing the not our fault BS from VM seems strange a talk talk service from next door 3mbs down 1mbs up linked with same 10mtr lan has zero problems when 100mbs down 10mbs, up from Virgin cannot provide 128kbs up and down.

Absolute proof that virgin BS as spouted by its tame trolls is not even worth the electrons wasted in displaying it if you've got nothing usefull to say UTFS.
0 Kudos