cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep getting disconnected

Imortaltom
On our wavelength

Hey I play call of duty and have recently noticed a lot of lagging and being kicked from games. Also I’m losing connection also on my phone it seems. I’ve been reading up about packet loss and have joined that think broadband for a few days  to see what it shows. But anyone have any ideas how to fix. 

8 REPLIES 8

Imortaltom
On our wavelength

85F87B0F-03FA-4FA2-8EA7-336A4107677A.jpeg

 this Is the results I’ve had back from lastnight. 

Hi Imortaltom, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue with your connection. 

Taking a look at things this end, I can see there is a prolonged issue showing. We won't be able to fix this remotely so I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @Imortaltom,

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to pass data protection and confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
  • The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the My VM app by 4pm the day before the appointment. If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

We will continue to monitor your services and if we can see that the fault has cleared and the visit is no longer required we will cancel the appointment and let you know by text and email

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Imortaltom
On our wavelength

Hi the engineer has come out  and gave me a new hub 4. But the problem still persists. Ive had 3  games online tonight and have been lagging and kicked from all three. I’ve noticed at that time my mobile struggles to find internet connection. My Xbox is wired btw.

Hi Imortaltom,

Thanks for the update on this. I'm sorry to hear the problem is persisting. I can see you have recently been in a private message with Kath. Please pop her a response on your most recent private message, so we can get this looked into further for you.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi @Immortaltom thanks for your message to Kath - I'm responding on her behalf as she's out of the office for a few days.

I've ran some checks as requested by yourself following the engineer visit, and there's no issues on the line and everything does look good from my side.

How have things been since the weekend has passed, have things stabilised for you?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Imortaltom
On our wavelength

Hi things seem a lot better  gaming is possible now and I haven’t really noticed the internet cutting off. So seems all good this end. Thank you 

Thank you for your reply @Imortaltom, glad to see that things are looking much better for you 😊

If you need anything further, please don't hesitate to contact us, we are always happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules