Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just keeps getting worse

So a few weeks I posted about my issue with jitter/ping but since then its just gotten worse and worse. 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/5c8894bf97b7d2570ef97afcf5b147d53b4e90cd

From last night they did critical maintenance and everything has gone to the dogs from then. I had engineer come out 1 weekish ago and he said all my setup was fine and there was no issue so I know for a fact its not on my end. So here's hoping for some help or update for my situation.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Just keeps getting worse

How much of that red is from the downtime for maintenance?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson

Ex UK Armed Forces
Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

All of it from 8pm (28th) to 1pm today (29th)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

All that red can be ignored because it is maintenance down time.

Are you keeping the BQM running?

If yes, please repost when the maintenance time isn't showing..

In the meantime you could type 192.168.0.1 into your browser URL bar and press enter.  When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’. Copy and paste the contents of each tab onto here, a Guru will be along in the not too distant future to decipher the info.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson

Ex UK Armed Forces
Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Secretary,

Thanks for coming back to us. I am sorry for the broadband issues. From running a background check there is an SNR (signal to noise ratio) issue affecting the service. The fault number is F007753227. The estimated fix date is the 6th February 2020.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for the info, I hope my net goes back to normal after this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You're more than welcome. Have a lovely evening 🙂 

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos