Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Issues with connection on FIFA 20 PS4

Hi everybody, 

Hopefully someone will be able to help.

I have had issues with connectivity on FIFA 20 on the PS4, I have spoken to EA live chat and carried out a UO trace after asking to open up ports which I have done. I have issued the UO Trace to EA and they have said that I have unknown hosts and lots of hopes?! 

Can anyone assist please, I am having a lot of issues with button lag and don't know what to do. seems as though I am just getting fobbed off by EA! I have a wired connection and all ports requested to open have been opened and I still have the issues?

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issues with connection on FIFA 20 PS4

Hi mate,
Sorry to hear about your problem, i can understand your pain since i'm having the exact same issues and naturally, I'm hoping you get it resolved. Since I'm in a similar boat, im just wondering how you managed to open the ports? I spoke to Virgin Media who suggested me to their Gadget Rescue team who want to charge me over £60 to have it done to which i refused. Did you do it manually?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Roberts3430 - Can you post up the UO Traces please?

It's a bit hard to know what's going on when all we see is - 

I have issued the UO Trace to EA and they have said that I have unknown hosts and lots of hopes?! 

Incidentally - it sounds as if the person you were talking to has no idea about how to read a traceroute 😞  plus I assume he means "lots of hops"  Depending on the server he's asked you to trace to - you might indeed have a lot of hops.  After all the default TTL for most packets is 64, but it's rare that a connection will need this many hops.

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi mate,

I opened the ports myself through the router. Its pretty easy to do, If you go on YouTube there is are numerous tutorials that explains how to do it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tim,

I will post this tonight when I get back home from work. 

In all honesty, I don't think they did know how to read the UO trace. I am no expert and depend on these people to try and help so that we don't keep having the same issue, But every time i contact them it doesn't fill me with much confidence. Seems as though they want to fob you off as quickly as possible to be honest.

He did put hopes & on more than 1 occasion!... Which made me think!

Again, i will upload the trace when I get in from work tonight.

Thanks for your response

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

any update?

0 Kudos