Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Ip blacklisted for psn?

Been having issues logging into psn. Called Sony they said my ip is black listed. Not sure how this has happened as I haven’t done anything to be black listed. Has this happened to anyone else and know a fix or cause to this problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ip blacklisted for psn?

Which exact error code do you get on your PS console?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Np-40833-8

np-40831-6 

I have been getting these two codes for past 3 days. 
Ive tried port forwarding and google dns non worked. 
When I use my 4G on my mobile it works perfectly fine.

Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

There does seem to be a lot of hits about DNS changing. Could you try 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 as the consoles DNS?

And one other thing to try: Log into your hub (you have a hub 3?) and then Advanced Settings -> Security -> DMZ. Set the PS console to be in the DMZ then reboot the console to see if the PS signs in then?

*Edit: Remove any port forwarding you had setup for the PS before doing the above.

Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Another consideration (which is pretty common) is checking which lists your home IP may be black listed in via a web service like this: https://whatismyipaddress.com/blacklist-check

Which lists does it report your home IP being listed in? Mine is listed in the following (and I have no PSN connectivity issues):

dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net
dnsbl.sorbs.net
dnsbl.spfbl.net

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I have tried all the above, no change still doing the same thing.

Mine comes up with:

dnsbl.spfbl.net, dnsbl.sorbs.net, dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net

I have also checked akamai and that come back with no threat. I’ve been searching for a solution 3 days but nothing seems to fix. Tried calling vm call centres are all closed, can’t get through to anyone.

Any other suggestions?

I appreciate your help.

Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Out of curiosity, how is your console connected to the hub? Did you try an Ethernet connection (or WiFi if it normally uses Ethernet) to see if that changed anything? It shouldn't in theory, but I did see a few posts saying that getting their console on Ethernet stopped them encountering those two codes.

That aside, it does sound? like an IP ban. They could have banned your hub's IP address and only they (Sony) can remove that ban. Or maybe your hub's IP address lease ran out and you were issued with an IP address that is banned on PSN.

Work arounds? If you happen to have had hub replacements in the past, you may still have the old one around. VM could re-activate that for you and you would get back online with a different IP address. Alternatively, put your hub into modem mode and connect a router to it which would serve as a new front end. Doing that would also get you a new IP address.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

You will find that another customer on VM, did something stupid on Sony Network to get the IP Banned.

This is stupid by Sony, as the VM use DHCP to assign IPs to customers (its a random way of getting an IP).

In the past some users have turned there SH into Modem mode, rebooted the SH, and it gets a different IP. Then they turn it back into Router Mode, and you will see that you IP has changed. You should be lucky now, and your PSN will work, and the IP that is banned will goto someone else.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I wish people would learn exactly what the big blacklisting services are used for.

The vast majority of blacklists are used to protect inbound SMTP  mail delivery for domains.  Many people will find themselves on one or more policy block lists.

these include but are not limited to:

SORBS DUHL (Dynamic User and Host List)
Spamhaus PBL (Policy Block List)
SPFBL

Users are on these lists NOT because of the actions of previous users but simply because these IP addresses are allocated by DHCP  These IP addresses SHOULD NOT be hosting mail servers and therefore shouldn't be delivering to mail exchangers listening on port 25 unauthenticated.

These blacklists have nothing to do with

Sending mail via your email services outbound SMTP server.
Nothing to do with individual bans imposed by Forums, PSN, Akami and web servers.

DHCP is not truly random

DHCP will give you the next available IP address in the DHCP pool UNLESS

• There is still a valid MAC/IP address pairing in the DHCP servers dynamic lease table
  • There is no fixed MAC/IP address pairing

Virgin Media has extended lease times, this coupled with the fact that Virgin Media's routers are more or less permanently connected to the network mean that their DHCP addresses are very sticky.  It's normal for a Virgin Media user to have the same IP address for months if not years.

The extended lease times also mean that RedGooner's advice doesn't quite work as easily as he might expect anyway.

Tim 

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I have tried both ways WiFi and all Ethernet ports.
I barely use the ps only been on because I’m home now due to covid19. I don’t believe I did anything suspicious or anything wrong to get banned. I randomly got cut off while playing Red Dead Redemption. No one else uses my PS4 apart from me.

I attempted the modem mode method, when the router rebooted it stayed on red light and I couldn’t log into the router via PC, the page wouldn’t load up. (I used 192.168.0.1 & 192.168.100.1) I had to factory reset the router to get it back to normal. 

I called Sony again, they told me the ban will be removed at 5.30 if my ip comes back clear after a test they will preform. If there is the ban will be extended. It’s becoming a joke. 

0 Kudos