cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet spikes, disconnects.

raphael55
Joining in

Hello. Can someone explain to me why I have had a problem with losing packets for several months? I'm disconnected from the Internet several times every day? What is the cause and who can help me? The engineer was there probably 5 times. They replaced everything they could and the problem still persists?

9 REPLIES 9

raphael55
Joining in

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/6ce323fc18e46fa273fe68d3e03a9204115e3b8e

Hi @raphael55 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Very sorry to hear of the broadband issues.

I've done a remote diagnostic and no area issues are showing and your levels are all in spec. 

It does show me the Pods are offline that you have however. 

There are a few requirements for the Pods to work with our Hubs:

•    The Hub must be in 'Router Mode' and not have been changed to 'Modem Mode'.
•    Channel Optimisation must be left on.
•    The SSIDs must be the same and broadcast enabled.
•    The SSID must be password protected.
•    The Passphrases of the SSIDs must match.

As long as all of the above points are all met then the Pod should automatically connect to your Hub's Wi-Fi and begin broadcasting. The wireless details from the Pod will be the same as the Hub's details, so no additional steps are required to connect the devices in the home.

This link will help though if you do have any issues: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/setup/intelligentwifipod

Please try this and let us know how you get on.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

raphael55
Joining in

Ok, so I installed 3 Wi-Fi pods, even with them I still have occasional disconnections from the Internet, the ping jumps to 3000 ms and then I lose the Internet connection and after a while everything returns to 'normal'. Why is this happening? When setting up and signing the contract with Virgin, you assured that this Internet is perfect as far as players are concerned, but this is completely untrue... With such an unstable connection, you can forget about any games. It's frustrating and I'm thinking about terminating this contract because no one has been able to help me for about 6 months. I probably had 6 engineers at home who couldn't figure out what the fault was. Is anyone able to help me at all?

Hi there @raphael55 

Thank you for popping back to us and I am so sorry that these issues have continued, I have taken a look on our side and I can see a few issues with the Hub specs that I do think would benefit from having an engineer take a look. 

I'm going to pop you a private message so we can arrange this, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Hello again @raphael55 

Thanks so much for your private message and confirming your address, I have now booked you a visit for your connection – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the My VM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment

raphael55
Joining in

Welcome back. I would book the engineer for November 16 between 12-4 p.m. Unfortunately he didn't come. It turned out that he didn't have enough time for the visit and couldn't come. A day later he managed to come and replaced the cable that goes from the socket to the router. While checking the cables coming out of the ground, he found that the cable might be damaged, so he replaced it. Unfortunately, the problem still persists. Since he left, I have been disconnected 3 times and I still have internet spikes and lose internet connection. This is probably the 7th visit of the engineer, which actually leads to nothing. Can anyone help me with my problem that has been going on for over 6 months?

Hi @raphael55 thanks for your post here in the Community although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

As you were previously discussing this with my colleague Ashleigh who helped you raise the original engineer appointment on the 16th, please reach out to her privately and she will be able to get this sorted for you as soon as possible - she is working today so you should receive a response as soon as possible.

Hope this helps!
Many thanks

Tom_W

raphael55
Joining in

Hello. I wanna confirm that my internet looks way better with new WiFi mesh system, but occasionally I still got internet spike and losing connection for few minutes.. also I got everyday same lag in exactly same time of the day/night. Do you know what coursing this issue ? I got all my devices switched off for example in night time but lag is still coming. Can u explain me why is like that and maybe u know how to sort problem ? I was resetting everything to factory settings etc and I still getting these lags.. https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/5038a86a63d9ab4880c4967bb4025146eb... 

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Could be a upstream lag spike in use by other people in your area, could be a packet handling bug that happens causing a packet to be delayed.

See if its any better with hub in modem mode

---------------------------------------------------------------