Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Internet going down

Hi, long time customer here.

The internet has been dropping randomly, this problem has been going on for little over a year now but it seems to be getting worse, the internet will go down completely multiple times a day for relatively "short" periods for the whole household wifi and wired alike, my super hub 2 is in modem mode as we use a separate router for transmitting signal around the house, and I know it is not the router because we have used many others and it still does this.

some screen shots of the packet loss.
packet loss graph.pngScreenshot_2019-09-21 Broadband Quality Monitor thinkbroadband.pngScreenshot_2019-09-28 Broadband Quality Monitor thinkbroadband.pngScreenshot_2019-10-02 Broadband Quality Monitor thinkbroadband.png

and here is our up and down stream of the super hub 2.
our modem status.png

Would like to know what's going on, Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet going down

Hi Ghostslug
I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

HI_L

I checked the envelope but see no private messages from you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Those TBB's are awful ….. how are you putting up with this. ? The network stats look not too bad, but the PostRS errors suggest noise ingress. This will need a VM engineer to investigate. Good Luck !!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ghostslug,

Double checked and the private message has been sent, can you please advise if you can see it now?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

no I still see no private messages as seen in picture belowoct17.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi again,
The engineer came last Tuesday and gave a new super Hub and internal wall connector, the internet was fine till Sunday then it started to drop again, and yes we've powered the super hub down for serval minutes more then once and it still completely drops and the hub is also resetting its self some times, this is getting a bit ridiculous to the point where I'm considering switching providers because this is just not acceptable anymore if it continues to be like this.

Here's some screen shots.

Vm droppind 1.pngvm dorpping 2.pngVm dropping 3.pngdown stream 1.pngdown stream 2.pngup stream.pngnetwork log.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ghostslug, 

I would love to try and help with this, I just want to ask a few more questions if that's alright.

In terms of the drop outs does the whole router turn off or is it just WIFI that drops out? 

What device are you using when it drops out and does it affect all devices in the household? 

Did the engineer shed any light on what is causing the issue? 

Thanks, we'll try to get to the bottom of this for you.

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

The modem drops Wired Ethernet connection, the whole thing even resets some times.

The device being used is the Desktop Pc that's connected via ethernet cable to the modem, even with a new Ethernet cable it drops.

The engineer did not shed much light on the "cause" he said just to try turning the modem off for 5 minuets if it starts to drop, which we did and that did not solve the issue, I believe he did not check the outside connection/wire but I could be wrong, he also said our coax cable was fine but offered a new one but we did not take it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

forgot to add yes all devices drop wired and wifi
0 Kudos