Menu
Johnyy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent connection

Whilst playing World of Tanks I'm getting intermittent connection a few times each day

I have run pingplotter and got this result. Is this the most appropriate place to try to remedy this or.....?

92.223.20.0.jpg

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent connection

Is this the most appropriate place to try to remedy this or.....?

This board will do.  

Whilst we wait for the image to be approved (or rejected) by the mods, I suggest you set up a Broadband Quality Monitor.  Similar to Pingplotter, but gives a more useful output in my view.  It'll take 24 hours before there's useful data, so tomorrow you should post a link (not an image) to a shared snapshot chart.  We'll also want to see what's going on with your hub.  Right click on the link below, this will connect to your hub and open in a new tab:

http://192.168.0.1 

Next, on the page that's opened in the new tab, don't log in, you see that link that says "Check router status"?  Click on that.  Now, you'll see a new window with five tabs.  Can you open each of the following tabs in turn - Downstream, Upstream and Network log and for those three tabs, cut and paste the contents of each tab into replies here as formatted text (not images). 

All of this may or may not help, what I'm trying to do is identify if there's an obvious cable fault.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Johnyy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your speedy reply. 

Regrettably I am unable to provide the hub info as requested. I am unable to connect to my hub using http://192.168.0.1/. This is not a new problem and fairly recently resulted in a new hub being sent. When first installed I was able to enter and set it up. Once again I cannot access it - either by pc, laptop, etc My situation is that the wifi is disabled and I route it to my own Netgear router from which the signal is distributed. Last time this happened I could not even reset the hub. I am loath to spend many hours, once again, trying to deal with this as my time has some limits

Meanwhile I am pretty sure the problem is not the hub, as you will see from the image, when it is approved

I shall start Broadband Quality Monitor and leave it running

Thanks

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you're running the hub in modem mode, then to access the status page you need to use http://192.168.100.1, and if neither link works, try typing the strings of numbers beginning "192" into a browser.  

I am loath to spend many hours, once again, trying to deal with this as my time has some limits

Fair enough, that's your choice.  I wouldn't expect this to take hours, but if you can't spare the time then you'll most likely continue to have intermittent connection.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos