Menu
Ceaser247
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent connection, packet loss and high latency

Soo yeah, same problem i have had for months now, packet loss, not being able to talk much in discord/skype high latency just my ping is spiking from 5ms to around 1000 in anything i do and then jumps back down and just repeats, webpages load normal then other times really slow.... My broadband is all over the place to be honest...

I have reset via the pin hole, i have powered on and off, i have left my router off for days while i was away and still no fix....You name it i have done it, someone said to turn off my firewall on my virgin media hub witch is something i really do not want to do..

No matter the device, wired or wireless its the same, i have about 3 devices connected at one time. i done test to make sure nothing is "draining" speed. i cant do anymore....

I cant just ignore this anymore since im paying over 100pound a month for my service, been a customer for 7 years or more now and i just am so annoyed with the service... 

I just want someone to come out to me and fix this once and for all...

Thank you........

0 Kudos
Ceaser247
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent connection, packet loss and high latency

BQM

Running a longer one now to give better info. 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/132b3682fd181de399d1de722d9d44a23d738331-02-10-2020

0 Kudos
Ceaser247
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/871624f09a9efc38a92a3667e858109b50730249-03-10-2020

Better one.  

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ceaser247,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with packet loss and high latency.

I have had a look at things our end and I can advise there is a digestion issue current in your area, this has been raised un ticket number F008479677 , the estimated fix date is 13/10/20 @ 12:55.

This will be causing the issues you are currently experiencing once resolved you will see an improvement.

Regards

Paul.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Ceaser247
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul.

Thanks for your message and help, i really really do hope you guys can fix this, its just such a long annoying problem that doesnt seem to go away and makes my broadband useless in anything i do.

Thanks... 

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I suspect @Paul_DN meant a congestion problem, not a digestion problem......

Anyway, @Ceaser247 the unfortunate thing is that congestion problems (more usually termed "over-utilisation") are usually very slowly solved by VM.  Sometimes they are, and by 2022 I think that the rolling upgrade of the network will have mostly eliminated them, maybe earlier depending on the DOCSIS 3.1 roll out and hub upgrade roll out in affected areas.  But I think you're looking at a resolution time that varies from perhaps three to four months out to two years.  Either way that's a long time to wait for decent gaming.

Based on long time observation, I'll say that I will be pleasantly and very surprised if this is fixed by 12:55pm tomorrow, so my fingers are crossed on your behalf.  Unfortunately a common outcome is that the customer sees no change in the problem, and the fault "fix date" is merely pushed back another month (and then that pantomime is repeated).  You'll be able to see this in your BQM - the pattern in your daily charts is classic over-utilisation, so if that continues, then tomorrow's fix either won't have worked, or there was no real attempt to fix and nothing was actually done. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Ceaser247
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, you maybe right. 

But the thing is my internet was 100% perfect, then few months back we had that big UK VM outage and its been awful ever since. 

So i dont understand how one day its working 100% fine, UK VM pops off and then i get slow crazy ping speeds and loss after...

I really hope they take the time and effort to fix/look into this problem, as i will carry on crying about it until i reach a point where i will just end it with them and go somewhere else. Whatever way it is cut here, THIS IS NOT OK to just for them to not care... Put money/time into it NOW so that it can be fixed VM. 

Anyway thanks, i know full well if they wanted too, it would be fixed but as you may know, VM are decent but a car with no engine is faster...

0 Kudos
Ceaser247
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just a UPDATE......

ZERO CHANGE

Almost like nothing has been done, like come on VM do you even care at all? its alright asking me to wait or accept that COVID isnt helping, but this has been going on most of the year!! 

You need to UNDERSTAND my internet is USELESS and NOT WHAT I AM PAYING FOR. im sick of waiting around, chasing you guys up every week, being promised/told things that never happen, you are straight up lying to me on every front!! You legit just dont want to bother to look into it, my last engineer told me its a problem with the box outside, telling me its a big job and i need to keep on at VM to get it sorted....like really? I have to sit here and beg you to fix something witch shouldn't be broken? 

I dont really care at this point if i come across rude, 8 years £110 a month for what?! Please tell me

USELESS AND ZERO HELP! 

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ceaser247, 

I'm really sorry for the issues you've been having recently and I can assure you this isn't the level of service we aim to provide. 

I'd also like to apologise for the delay in getting back in touch, we have been busier than usual. 

I've had a look at the back end of things and can see that some power levels are off, so I am going to need to send another engineer to look at this, all notes will be left so the engineer knows what the issue is exactly. 

All details of the visit can be found on your online account, if it doesn't suit you can change it and you'll need somebody over the age of 18 in the property at the time. 

Let us know how the visit goes. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos