Since we have swapped to the 1Gig plan with Virgin and the Superhub 4, there have been periods of severe intermittent connection that make online gaming and over live services like streaming impossible. Games show constant lapses in connection. For example in FFXIV all characters will freeze still, then suddenly move all at once very quickly to catch up. Similarly seen in games like Path of Exile. It makes a lot of games completely unplayable and can sometimes lead to disconnects (causing me to have to wait through a queue of 5000+ people for hours just to log back in to try again!)
This issue originally arose on October 12th, and appeared to go away on October 17th... but since then it has cropped up multiple times.
To describe the issue simply, connection will be fine and fast (>250 Mbps on a wireless connection) and then 5+ times per minute, the connection will drop out for several seconds at a time, sometimes up to 5-10 seconds. For most applications this isn't too bad for streaming and online gaming it is quite unacceptable.
For context on the internet setup: The wireless 2.4/5GHz channels are disabled, and instead a network of Plume superpods is used to distribute wireless around the home. The issue persists when using either the Plume network, or when re-enabling the wireless on the Superhub 4 and using that. It happens on all devices regardless of location or distance to the router.
I have been taking BQM tests since October 13th. The issue can be somewhat hard to see using BQM at times as the overall packet loss is low despite the intermittent connection, but still some packet loss is seen.
Things I have already tried:
Phoning Virgin about the issue - they just said they would send out a pod to help with the problem and haven't offered any proper assistance. We already have a network of superpods, a pod isn't what we need.
Testing the connection over several devices and through both the router wireless and superpod network wireless
The issue can be more clearly seen in Pingplotter:
If I need to provide more evidence of what's happening, I guess I can do so via videos of gameplay to illustrate the problem, or anything else asked for.
Below are the downstream/upstream info and the network logs. (Will put these in the 2nd post due to character limit)
Please, some help with this would be greatly appreciated. We did not upgrade our package just for things to get so much worse since then. We previously had a Superhub 3 with none of these types of issues.
And please do let me know if you need any more information.
The issue has once again returned and I've yet to recieve any meaningful help on the matter, nor a response following private messages. I understand bumping doesn't help but it's better than the thread rotting away.
Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've not heard anything back from Lee since moving to private message in December. I can see the latest was that he had contacted the Area Field Manager and was awaiting a reply from them. I have asked Lee if there was any update on this and am waiting on a reply.
In terms of the account itself, I've gone to take a look at things currently but am unable to locate the account based on your Forum credentials. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.