Menu
Callumwinder
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Inability to join 1 specific server

Today I've spent my time trying to connect to a specific Minecraft server however every time I try I'm met with the error "Failed to connect to the server" followed by "io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException: Connection timed out: no further information:" This has been happening for hours and nothing I tried has fixed it, the server's main IP is play.wynncraft.com however I've attempted to join it on 6 different IPs that connect to it, I've restarted my client several times, restarted my PC, restarted my router, turned off firewalls, changed IP, tried on different accounts, it's only this server in particular too, all other servers work, in addition I could still ping the server in command prompt but not join through the client. However seeing I could join when using a VPN I came to some conclusion it was as a result of the ISP, Virgin in this case. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Inability to join 1 specific server

Sounds more like an issue with the server and not Virginmedia on that front, the server could just have your IP blacklisted for some reason, if you can connect with a VPN then you can continue to do that without issues and try speaking to the servers support(assuming that even exists) and see if they can resolve it.

Edit: Borrowed an account, seems to let me in without issues on a Virgin connection

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
Callumwinder
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

After contacting server administration they dont block IPs and after they had me run a winMTR it appears it's virgins side of things , see output, deleted 2 lines with IP in

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
|brad-core-2a-xe-7018-0.network.virginmedia.net - 0 | 196 | 196 | 8 | 12 | 53 | 11 |
| No response from host - 100 | 40 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| No response from host - 100 | 40 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
|lang-dclcore-1a-port-channel1.network.virginmedia.net - 0 | 196 | 196 | 14 | 18 | 41 | 19 |
| lang-sspiprxy.network.virginmedia.net - 0 | 196 | 196 | 14 | 17 | 55 | 17 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

0 Kudos
sophist
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

change your dns servers on your computer to 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4

I think that this is a websafe error.. 

lang-sspiprxy.network.virginmedia.net is the redirect to show an error message for stuff blocked by websafe...

0 Kudos
Callumwinder
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Did the trick, thanks alot.

0 Kudos