Menu
unhappygamer527
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

If you have HIGH PING/LATENCY you might as well find another ISP (500mbs package)

Today may be the day i lose the battle against over utilisation in my area..

- Months of terrible Ping/Latency from 8am-12am

- 8+ calls to customer service to no avail

- no acknowledgement/ownership of issue  

Only to receive an email that states the 'Resolution to my complaint' is 'Apology to customer' 

I'd advise anyone on this forum that is experiencing high Ping/Latency as a direct result of over utilisation to save your sanity and switch ISP.

Shocking from VM. At this stage i'd go as far as saying its better to have 40/50mbs download speed than deal with VM

Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: If you have HIGH PING/LATENCY you might as well find another ISP (500mbs package)

Fixing over-utilisation is rarely quick, cheap or easy, so there's little point trying to press VM to fix the capacity issue - woeful though the company often is, if if it were quick, cheap and easy they'd have done so.

You could reply to the complaint, rejecting the "resolution" and asking for compensation for the months of poor service, and (if applicable) release from any fixed term contract without penalty - and your reply should ask for a "deadlock letter" if they can't agree to that, so that you can escalate the matter to the arbitration scheme, CISAS.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos