cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't port forward anything!

BrendynB1803
Joining in

Hi all, 

I have been having some troubles port forwarding one of my Minecraft servers recently or just anything in general now. It was all working at first, but then a couple days ago my ports all automatically got removed and there is one that just shows up as "undefined" for each row in the port forwarding tab. Any time I try re-adding a port, it automatically removes itself and anytime I try and remove the undefined port, it just comes back. I've tried rebooting, I've tried factory resetting and just switching my box off and on but none of those options have worked either, anyone able to help me out?

I am using the Hub 4 as of right now, thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try a 60 second pinhole factory reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

Also from memory, the Port numbers had to be done in ascending order or it didn't work.  It's worth checking when entering the details.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try a 60 second pinhole factory reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

Also from memory, the Port numbers had to be done in ascending order or it didn't work.  It's worth checking when entering the details.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you very much! Doing this seemed to have actually reset the hub than what happened when I did it through the hub settings and it fixed the issue. 🙂

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @BrendynB1803.

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm glad to see the advise offered by Adduxi was able to resolve the issue for you. 

If you have any issues from here, please let us know and we'll happily advise further. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide