Menu
miroan
Joining in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I can't access my ps account ws-37400-4

It's been happening for several months now and lately it's getting worse and worse. I can't access ps store or play online games for several days, then one day everything is ok but that last only day or two before I'm disconnected again.

The error I'm getting is WS-37400-4. 

I tried everything with no luck, ps support told me I need to contact my provider or do port forwarding on my router but i don't have that option.

IMG_20201202_183131.jpg

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: I can't access my ps account ws-37400-4

Have a read of this >> ARTICLE <<.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@miroan Can you login to your PSN account on the PlayStation app on a mobile device or the PlayStation web site?

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Had a look around and this error is normally down to being blacklisted.

Can you goto https://www.akamai.com/us/en/clientrep-lookup/ and check your reputation, if it comes back as Bad then this is down to the system that PSN uses, has blacklisted your IP address and you are going to need too contact PSN to sort that.

Virginmedia cannot change you external IP address.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
miroan
Joining in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

No I can't, it's blocking me on all devices. When I switch to mobile data it works but unplayable due to latency

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@miroan wrote:

No I can't, it's blocking me on all devices. When I switch to mobile data it works but unplayable due to latency

If you can access PSN via mobile data then your account is not banned and it is not a fault on the PS4 so it is almost certainly an IP address ban on the Sony side.  Sony support regularly tell customers it is their ISP's fault to fob you off and get you off the phone.  Sadly this seems to be standard call centre practice it seems, blame someone else.

Sony use products from a company called Akamai to protect their network and the link that @DJ_Shadow1966 provided previously has in the past been helpful in spotting why an IP might be blocked by them, but not so much recently.  These days it seems to always report that an IP is fine when evidence suggests otherwise.  I think that either Akamai have an issue with that tester, or Sony are using additional criteria to decide when to ban an IP address.  You could try this one:

https://www.ipqualityscore.com/free-ip-lookup-proxy-vpn-test

These bans are usually triggered by suspicious traffic emanating from your IP address, traffic usually generated by malware on one of your devices.

It could also be that you are the innocent victim of a drive by and have inherited an IP that was abused by someone else before it was assigned to you, but the sticky nature of VM IP addresses makes this less likely although not impossible.

These bans are always temporary and will be lifted after a few days, but if there is malware on your LAN then the ban will be reinstated.  Worth scanning all your devices for malware.

0 Kudos
miroan
Joining in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

It's not blacklisted. I could play yesterday all day, everything looked fine but i had some other things to do, today when I woke up same old thing again, I'm blocked again probably for the next 3 days based on my experience 🙂

Screenshot_20201205-152054.png

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@miroan wrote:

It's not blacklisted. I could play yesterday all day, everything looked fine but i had some other things to do, today when I woke up same old thing again, I'm blocked again probably for the next 3 days based on my experience 🙂

A few issues:

1. Your image has been rejected as it contains your IP address.  This is against the forum rules to protect your privacy.

2. Your IP is showing as a VM Ireland one and this is a VM UK forum, so staff here will not be able to help (not that it is a VM issue).

3. As previously stated the Akamai test seems to be redundant these days.  However when I try your IP at the link I provided above it shows a  "High Fraud Risk score of 89".  That suggest to me you have malware on one or more of the devices on your home network.

0 Kudos
sharcartwright
Settling in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hey there, 

My son is having the same difficulties. My score on the suggested checker above was 65 and suspicious.

Can I ask how to run malware on all devices? I can do on PC etc but not sure on PS4, mobile devices etc.

VM advised to turn internet off for 1.5 hours to force a change on IP address, but this didnt work. 

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@sharcartwright wrote:

Hey there, 

My son is having the same difficulties. My score on the suggested checker above was 65 and suspicious.

Can I ask how to run malware on all devices? I can do on PC etc but not sure on PS4, mobile devices etc.

VM advised to turn internet off for 1.5 hours to force a change on IP address, but this didnt work. 

The PS4 is safe as Sony have control over what can run on their systems, so malware on one of their consoles is almost impossible.  For mobile devices I recommend the same software that I recommend for PCs, which is Malwarebytes:

https://www.malwarebytes.com/

They have versions for iOS and Android.

The VM IP addresses are very sticky and most VM staff should know this, so it is a shame to see that they fobbed you off with that poor advice.

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos