cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge ping in CSGO and other games at 6-9 pm everyday

headstream
Tuning in

https://youtu.be/TpV9iiBlXMw

Here is sample. You can check my ping in the bottom right corner. My ping jumps from 50 (from normal state) to 100 - 150, and i got freeze. (you can see it on video). It always happen from begining of using this broadband. Always in 6-9 pm. Late nigth and early morning all is ok. I want to fix it or cancel agreement without paying fee, because problem is not on my side.

11 REPLIES 11

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Try gaming in modem mode with a PC no router or anything downloading uploading.
---------------------------------------------------------------

My PC connected to Hub via cable. I disconnected all devices via Wi-Fi 

I also tried modern mode

whole month problems always 6-9pm 

postcode: SE22 0HN

@legacy1

can you help me with it? Can we book an appointment for 6-8 pm for checking my issue ? 
Problem happens only in prime time  

Hi headstream,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having some connection issues. I've had a look at things from our side and it looks like you're affected by an area SNR issue. This is set to be resolved later today.

If you're still experiencing problems tomorrow please let us know.

Alex_Rm

I tried to play today again. And the same issue. It's still already 2 month and didn't fixed.

I want to terminate my agreement with Virgin Media without any fees from me side because it is unusable broadband. 
If you will try to get from me Any fees, i will report thish issue to the government 

https://youtu.be/TFhR_vrxPzk Here today sample of ping. Look to right bottom edge. 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Setup and post your BQM shared link.  www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Also post  your power levels and network log.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I tried to setup monitor. But all chart is red. I think I need to enable allowing it in hub setting but couldn’t find this field. Can you help me with it? In phone support said that 25 February is a date of fix. But this date always move. 

Hi headstream

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the BQM. I'm afraid that there is no option to enable ICMP requests on your Hub. Sadly, I can't advise how to activate this for you as some of our Hubs allow this and some do not. Turning off the Hub firewall should work, however we'd advise not to do this for security reasons.

Please don't worry about the BQM graph for now, as we can see that there is an outage in your area which will be causing you load speeds/latency and possibly an intermittent connection.

Estimated fix times are subject to change, however the current estimated fix time is for tomorrow.

Please do let us know how things are then.

Beth

I have not internet connection at all (Today and previous 25 days) Pls, disconnect me from your service. 2 months I couldn’t use it. I ask Cancelation without any fees. In our agreement we have point about 30 days for fix. Virgin couldn’t do it.