Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Huge latency issues

Ever since the corrona issue and the closure of the call centers, my latency has gone through the roof, I had an average ping of about 35-40, which was a pleasure to game at it felt great, but now its all over the place with lag spikes every 15 seconds. its been like this for 3 weeks now, I have 100mb package and it worked like charm, I just don't understand what happened all of a sudden.

My experience is unbearable, I feel like every 6 months there is another issue that pops up with virgin services which is so annoying.

can anyone help me?

regards, sami

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Huge latency issues

@Snowingleader wrote:

Ever since the corrona issue and the closure of the call centers, my latency has gone through the roof, I had an average ping of about 35-40, which was a pleasure to game at it felt great, but now its all over the place with lag spikes every 15 seconds. its been like this for 3 weeks now, I have 100mb package and it worked like charm, I just don't understand what happened all of a sudden.

Many people hit youtube, amazon prime and netflix and for some parts of VM network the demand hit a network port Utilisation that may have no QoS.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BQM, Test for outgoing ports and L2TP VPN test
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Do you suggest any thing that can help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Im still waiting for a fix for this?
I cannot use this service why im I paying for it in the first place.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I've had the exact same issue and it was ever since the Coroavirus for the last 3 weeks or so. The lag and shuddering in Call of duty is too much and I cannot stand to play games on the xbox because of it. 

Tried port forwarding which finally gave me an open Nat Type but still no use.

There's no one at Virgin Media to call and messaging them seems to just go round in circles with no help. Have they completley shut up shop? Is anyone manning the systems??? Beyond annoying i want to leave VM

FED UP!!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I'm glad I'm not the only one, the fact that the phone lines are close make it even worse I wonder how many people are left in the dust, but could defo be a problem with the amount of traffic the network is experiencing, its just stupid that latency is thru the roof

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It's been a awful, I'm having to work from home and I can't even get enough bandwidth or low enough latency to make a voip call let along game at the moment. It really does show the holes in their network.

I guess I felt taking out a top tier package would have some benefits maybe not.

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I feel your struggle. Definetley not fun to be happening while we've been ordered to stay at home and have to work as well. Just a bit of communication from virgin media would go a long way and I wouldnt mind so much to be honest. 

I dread to think whats going to happen if we go on a total lockdown and evenmore people have to stay home and use the network :S 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I've been having the same problem, only noticed it on Friday as that was when I was made Furlough from work, I also have health conditions so I can't go out much, thankfully can get shopping online. Gaming is basically impossible at this point. I pay for 350mbps, and i'm lucky if i've been getting 50 the past few days, it will spike up to 200 max but it will not stay like that, talking to friends they keep saying my voice is lagging and they can't understand me, that's when i'm not even playing any games. 

Had an engineer booked to come tomorrow which has now been cancelled after a phone call to say that it is an issue on their end which they're looking into and trying to get fixed asap. Due to 95% of households being stuck at home on lockdown they're all using their internet to their fullest capacity which effects the whole area, at least that's what I have been told. So now I have to wait even longer to be able to actually play anything with no issues. I've been trying to play MW and it's been unplayable pings skyrocket and lag every other second. It's frustrating. 

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I am having the exact same issue! I basically cannot play online games until the hours of midnight onwards... it's a joke.

I am considering switching suppliers... 1/3 the speed but I bet their consistency is high (and it's half the price!).

0 Kudos