Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub3 issues

At any point are virgin looking at addressing the hub3 puma chipset issue, I've been having packet loss ever since we were upgraded to the hub 3, the hub 2 was miles better! Are we expected to purchase our own routers to fix this issue, when surely the router provided should support the full service you are suppose to be providing?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub3 issues

The Puma issue was resolved about 2 years ago in a firmware update. 

The VM network seems to be under strain in a lot of areas at the moment due to the current lockdown but you shouldn't be noticing high latency and packet loss at normal times.

You can buy your own router and put the hub into modem mode. However if you've been seeing latency and/or packet loss for a ling time then chances are there is an underlying problem which needs fixing. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub3 issues

I've had packet loss the entire time I've been on hub3, unfortunately this update 2 years ago has done  nothing, until now I've just put up with it, but recently a friend bought a new router, and did what you have suggested, and it now works fine, zero packet loss, he has been having the exact problem as me ever since the switch to hub3. If this is something that cannot bit be fixed, as assure you I'm not the only one, is the only answer to get another router. Pretty poor if that's the case!

0 Kudos