Menu
romeomike
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 ethernet ps5

Hi all 

New here looking for advice as I don't think I getting right speeds and I've had connection issues lately 

Screenshot_20210415-165601_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210415-165635_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210415-165621_Chrome.jpg

 does this help to help me thanks 

0 Kudos
romeomike
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ps5 ethernet connection

Last few days had connection problems and low speeds can anyone help thanks 

Screenshot_20210415-173534_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210415-173549_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210415-173602_Chrome.jpg

  

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ps5 ethernet connection

@romeomike Please don't create multiple threads for the same issue, it is against the forum rules.  I have merged your threads.

Your images are not easy to read as the forum doesn't allow us to zoom in on images, it is usually best to copy and paste this type of hub data.  However, after downloading the images I was able to see the figures and the power levels all appear to be within the recommended range.  The upstream levels are near the bottom of the recommended range, but should be OK.

What are speeds like on other devices?  If it is just the PS5 that is slow then it could be an issue with the PS5, the Ethernet cable it uses or PSN.

Also the speed test on the PS5 is not the most reliable measure of your connection's speed.  While it is much better than the speed tests on previous Sony consoles, in my experience it still under reports speeds compared with a PC.

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 ethernet ps5

Hi @romeomike,

Welcome to the Community Forums, thanks for your first post.

I'm sorry to hear you've been suffering from some broadband issues over the last few days. I've been able to find your account and it looks like you're affected by a few signal level issues which will require an engineer's visit to resolve. I've booked one in for you - please sign into your My Virgin Media account to check and rearrange the appointment time slot if needed.

Keep us posted with how the visit goes and if you need anything else 🙂

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos