Flag for a moderator

e: Hub 3 / Compal CH7465-LG (TG2492LG) and CGNV4 Latency Cause

0 Kudos
rio_w
Dialled in
Message 1952 of 4,479
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 / Compal CH7465-LG (TG2492LG) and CGNV4 Latency Cause

I’ve switched from the Hub3 to the Hub2ac, I have the Hub3 in storage, I’d like to be apart of the trial.

@TrialsTeam wrote:

Hi

We have applied the test firmware to a small number of hubs, and when trials are completed will carry out national updates.

If you have any queries regarding this - please send us a private message..

Best wishes,

Community Trials Team

0 Kudos
falconevo
Superfast
Message 1953 of 4,479
Flag for a moderator

This firmware looks to be the version which only rectifies the ICMP (Ping) and DNS lookup issues which is a known firmware already released across the pond in an attempt to silence users complaining of ICMP latency.

Doesn't appear to resolve the UDP/TCP latency problems or easy DOS wipeout capability, do you guys have an ETA from Intel when this firmware will be available to rectify those issues.

This firmware won't silence people who are still having problems, all this will do is give people prettier ICMP graphs and confuse users to believe nothing is wrong anymore.  Most people haven't a clue how to check the latency of TCP/UDP packets and most aren't willing to go and find out how.

I can see why this was done, it was to reduce the heat being generated against the support team with people asking for SH2AC units and wanting to cancel their packages.  I have the 300M package and the SH3 is sat in a box until this issue is fixed as I have refused to even activate it.

0 Kudos
Ignition
Wise owl
Message 1954 of 4,479
Flag for a moderator

As I understand it there is no resolution to this possible in firmware while preserving throughput.

People asking when Intel are going to be fixing this are likely doomed to disappointment - there isn't a fix only workarounds that leave the modems unable to process packets at an acceptable rate.

wotusaw
Superfast
Message 1955 of 4,479
Flag for a moderator

I got the new update 9.1.116BA3 but unfortunately rebooted my modem before reading the message the trials team sent me. 

I reboot daily because it does seem to help the latency a bit for a short while.

So presume I've lost the update even though 9.1.116BA3 is still showing on the modem list..Smiley Mad

I have to laugh Smiley Very Happy...been waiting soooo long and kinda shot myself in the foot.

However before rebooting at 4pm... must have had it from 8am. The Broadband widget didn't show any difference at all between 8am and 4pm.

0 Kudos
AndyN131
On our wavelength
Message 1956 of 4,479
Flag for a moderator

I’ve got the update but haven’t had a message. What does the message say and where would I find it?!
0 Kudos
Synthetic
Superfast
Message 1957 of 4,479
Flag for a moderator

@wotusaw wrote:

I got the new update 9.1.116BA3 but unfortunately rebooted my modem before reading the message the trials team sent me. 

I reboot daily because it does seem to help the latency a bit for a short while.

So presume I've lost the update even though 9.1.116BA3 is still showing on the modem list..Smiley Mad

I have to laugh Smiley Very Happy...been waiting soooo long and kinda shot myself in the foot.

However before rebooting at 4pm... must have had it from 8am. The Broadband widget didn't show any difference at all between 8am and 4pm.

Why presume you've lost it? If the modem states it's that version, it's that version. 

A reboot (shouldn't) revert back to an older firmware unless VM have rolled it back for some reason.

0 Kudos
StormW4tch3r
Superfast
Message 1958 of 4,479
Flag for a moderator

Message i got if you do a reset of hub you will lose it

0 Kudos
wotusaw
Superfast
Message 1959 of 4,479
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Presume....yes possibly a mistake.

I presumed because the Broadband widget showed no difference whatsoever, unlike the others I've seen here.

I started a new monitor just now so will see what that comes up with.

I did the DSL packet test as well and that also showed no difference.

Honestly think I've lost it by rebooting for the reasons above. Despite the 9.1.116BA3 still showing at present.

To be clear, didn't 'reset' but rebooted by turning off at the plug. However thought reset and reboot are the same.

0 Kudos
nickking
On our wavelength
Message 1960 of 4,479
Flag for a moderator

If you would like to remove this firmware and go back to the latest general release, just reset your Hub using the pinhole reset function.

Unless you've done a pinhole reset you won't have lost it.
0 Kudos