Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Horrible ping spikes/latency

I've recently moved back down to london with everything going on using VM vivid 350 package up at uni there with no problems and down here vivid 100.

Based on this BQM, there's either a serious fault in this area or virgin media has over subscribed this area. Either way, quite frankly if it persists I'll be seeking legal advice as this to me is a breach of contract on their behalf. 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/685b795bba1e340b654d52690979210b5a... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Horrible ping spikes/latency

I'm in wigan on vivid 200 and been having this for 3 months between 6pm and 10pm, although i only reported it 2 weeks ago thinking it will blow over.

It doesn't matter who i speak to, either the foreign call center or the forum team here, the response is 'there is nothing wrong on our end'.

The call center said it is my ps4 and basically forced me to signup for gadget rescue who failed to fix the problem on 2 occasions.

No one will seem to acknowledge my BQMs no matter how many i post on this forum and the only thing i can think of is to change ISP.

My BQM is now worse than ever since this lock down but still can't get an answer about it.

I have been told by multiple sources that it is caused by too much traffic which would explain why it has gotten worse over this last week.

Maybe legal advice is the way to go because a paying customer should not be getting this kind of service but maybe you will have better luck than most of us here with the same issues.
0 Kudos