Menu
unhappygamer527
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Horrendous Latency/Ping Spikes - NO SOLUTION

I've created an account for the sole purpose to post to this forum and highlight the terrible service VM provide when it comes to latency/ping.

Below you can see two graphs highlighting the constant ping spikes throughout day when the local network is congested. The first graph is from my original Hub 3. The engineer who was sent out to 'fix' this issue promised my network would be stabilised but you can clear see from the second graph (this graph is from a replacement hub 3 that this is not the case.

I spent 1hr+ today on hold to speak to customer service only to be told there is no solution and they have 'raised a complaint' to a manager.

Looks like overcrowding of the network? No solution currently.

If anyone has any suggestions i'm open to exhaust a few last options

Graph 1 (original Hub 3) - 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/e91b62d6938dc2744ebda1668f65ccc2c6...

Graph 2 (replacement Hub 3) - 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/95069f2ea843bba9532380fb4090a492e710915c

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Horrendous Latency/Ping Spikes - NO SOLUTION

Go a internet search for PUMA 6 Test, and post a pic of the outcome. If too much red, thats the issue.

This is an example of mine.

puma6test_03082020.JPG

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
0 Kudos
unhappygamer527
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tried the test a few times and the results varied.. see below

Test 1:

Screenshot 2021-01-14 at 09.43.49.png

Test 2 

Screenshot 2021-01-14 at 09.42.14.png

Test 3:

Screenshot 2021-01-14 at 09.45.46.png

all over the place.. any ideas what this means?

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/High-ping-packet-loss/m-p/4567424#M64501

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
unhappygamer527
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Very sad that everyone experiencing this issue has to accept a sub-par service or switch ISP completely..

VM have been great for years but to take no accountability for an issue they have created themselves is shocking.
0 Kudos
RedGooner
Super solver
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am lucky that i dont suffer from these issues.

Either i am in an area that is NOT over subscribbed, or maybe having my SH in modem mode takes the pressure of the SH when its in ROUTER mode.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sadly having your own router doesn't help with over-utilisation.  It's usually a capacity problem at the top end of the local coax network, and there's nothing that you can do that will change that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos