cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High ping spikes

highnoonduck
Joining in

Hi,

I've been experiencing issues with high ping spikes for over a year at this point, this is especially noticeable during online gaming, often making for an unplayable experience. 

Here's a link to a BQM that I made over a year ago:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/bad2fa216a3fbdbc87aa3e35832ba34d2e...

This issue has persisted for a very long time. I can scroll all the way back to June 2023 on the BQM graph (it doesn't look like any data has been stored past this point so I can't go any further back)  and find the exact same pattern of high ping spikes during the evening which calms down during quieter hours. 

I'm guessing that it's an overutilisation issue due to the pattern shown on the BQM. Unfortunately there's isn't really any other decent providers in my area that I could switch to. Do I have any other options?

2 REPLIES 2

highnoonduck
Joining in

Can a member of the forum team provide some insight on this please?

Thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @highnoonduck

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with the ping spikes on your broadband.

I'll drop you a private message now to collect some more information and investigate further, keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs