I'm experiencing high ping as well as constant packet loss. I've VIVID 100 Optical Fibre and the Superhub 3. This occurs even when my PC is the only device using WiFi. Connection signal tends to drop to 4 bars but mostly is on 5. My PC is in the loft whereas the hub is in the room below it, therefore Ethernet cable is not possible for me at this moment.
1. Contact VM and ask them to check power levels of you broadband signal.
2. You could put the router into modem mode and buy a third party router to take load off HUB3. They work better with router in modem mode.
3. Make sure you are .610 firmware on router. Login to it with 192.168.0.1 and check about/settings area. Numbers are last 3 digits. If on .608 etc ask VM to update.
4. Check router for this new super supper WiFi they are advertising. Not using it myself but it could be on or off?
5. Fit a LAN cable up the room edge via trunking, to the loft, paint over it. Or drill outside, buy external Cat5e cable and run up outside of house and into roof space via cable ends. Sorted. Even put a WiFi router up there so that you can extend WiFi around house. (Simples! 😜)
hope this helps, the issue is to contact VM first to check the signal extra then look at best options after that.
Sorry to see you're having some issues with your broadband, I would love to check everything from our end and have sent you a private message to discuss this further. Please look out for the purple envelop in the top corner and reply when you can 🙂