Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

High ping and slow speeds

Hi,

I'm in the W12 area and consistently getting high ping and low download speeds (well below my contractual minimum). I'm on the M100 plan and getting download speeds of around 20 mb/s or less (most recent test 5 mb/s and ping of 174ms) this makes the connection effectively useless for a number of purposes. I contacted almost 2 months ago to be told there was a capacity issue on the street cap I was hooked up to which would be fixed by the 20th April, here we are in June and if anything it's worse. Is this company just a massive fraud? I've spent the last couple of weeks at my parents in the countryside who get their internet via radio waves to a dish and even that is better and more reliable! Coronavirus is just not an acceptable excuse anymore either.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: High ping and slow speeds

HI Fdrys, thanks for messaging us and we are sorry to hear that you are having issues with the service, are you still having such issues? - Can you do a reboot to see if anything changes and check if there is anything showing on the service status page? Please let us know about any issues which you are having and we will do our best to assist. ^Chris

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris,

I am and I had probably the worst customer service experience I've ever had trying to bring it up with the Virgin customer service team. I've rebooted and checked the service status. Apparently it's to do with the service in my area being overloaded and them needing to do some work on it which is supposedly happening in July but I heard that before about April and nothing changed so I don't believe a word of it. I tried to see if i could get out of my contract as I've been well below the minimum guaranteed download speeds but they kept dodging/ not answering my question and once I'd gone over 2 hours with them and got nowhere I gave up. So if you can do anything great but I'm not holding my breath after the level of customer service I've received so far

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me Fdrys

I'll send you a PM so we can discuss the complaint further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos