Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

High ping and disconnects

I've had the same problems all weekend too, today has been the absolute worst for it though. My Xbox Live connection keeps dropping for 20 seconds- 3 minutes then reconnects automatically, sometimes if I'm in an Xbox Party it doesn't even kick me out of that which is super weird. Its just been a dreadful day off work trying to play anything with my mates. I even upgraded to M350 the other week and got a HUB 3 after having Super Hub 2ac for as long as I can remember and my download speed hasn't gone above 200mbps all day. Shambles.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: High ping and disconnects

Hey @IAmWill_S,

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your services.

How are they going on at the moment?  I can see from your account that you have spoken to the team, have they been able to help get this issue resolved?

The download speed issue, is that with a WiFi or ethernet connection to your hub?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes I am still getting disconnects. My Xbox One just disconnected from Xbox Live in the middle of a match again. I use WiFi on my Xbox but before I upgraded my WiFi to M350 and got a HUB 3 I did not have these problems, but since then they've started for some reason. It's really frustrating paying for better broadband but it ends up being worse 😕

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just had it happen again  but this time it was twice within 5 minutes 🙃 REALLY not happy about this.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Another thing, I've noticed that when I'm in an Xbox Party thats when my connection begins to drop. I was playing an online game on my own for an hour yesterday and everything was fine, but then I joined my friends Xbox Party and not even 5 minutes later my Xbox Live connection dropped. I don't know if this was a one off but it definitely seems that the only times my Xbox disconnects is when I'm in a Party.

I was having similar problems about 3 or 4 years ago where my Xbox One would disconnect from Xbox Live every 10 minutes and it was impossible to play anything. In the end I had to phone up and open a load of certain ports on the Hub settings, but this time it doesn't disconnect as often or as bad as then.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi IAmWill_S, 

Really sorry you've been having some issues with the service, I can appreciate the frustration. 

I'd also like to apologise for the delay in getting back in touch, we have been busier than usual. 

Due to the delay can I ask if this has been sorted yet? 

I have tried to have a look into this using your forum details but I've been unable to. So if it's still an issue please let us know and we can help further. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've plugged an ethernet cable into the back of my Xbox now and that seems to have fixed the problem. Still I shouldn't have had to pay an extra £21 out of my own money to have the broadband wifi work properly.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Glad it's working better now. 

Consoles do provide a better experience when using it via Ethernet but we appreciate the frustration. 

Do let us know if you need anything else.

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos