Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 71 of 81
Flag for a moderator

Re: High ping and Latency, Ipswich IP2 9UA

Hi Jason 

I have two kids that watch youtube and stream kids stuff on Netflix throughout the day and I had no issue what so ever. I was even downloading Call of duty update for season 5 and my daughter was watching The wiggles on netflix and the wife was doing her things and i had no issue. The router is very good..you have 2.5ghz and 5.0ghz ect  This is the router https://www.ebuyer.com/764324-tp-link-archer-vr400-ac1200-wireless-vdsl-adsl-modem-router-archer-vr4...

when I had the line installed and switched over to Ghost speedtest was saying 19ms..then when line sorted itself out and interleaving was turned off it was crazy the next day my ping went down to 9ms on speedtest.net Haha! I dont think i have ever gone over 35ms on Call of duty since i have been with ghost!

Recommend big time! It just feels better playing games on ghost 

James

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 72 of 81
Flag for a moderator

The work that the Virgin engineer completed seems to have made little effect so I bit the bullet and ordered BT today.  I have to wait until the 21st until it gets activated but should be worth it. If I'm not completely happy with it then I'll activate the cooling off period and try to switch over to Ghost. Not sure how I'll feel dropping from 350mb to 50mb but if I get a steady connection then I guess it'll be worth it!

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 73 of 81
Flag for a moderator

If im honest on some things i notice a difference but with virgin being so inconsistent the speeds always vary atleast now i know it will download at a constant rate even if means 10minutes longer. How are you finding it james? Still going well for you? Ivw gone from 500mbps package to a 50mbps with ghost so huge difference for me at first i was comparing everything then i thought what is 10 minutes longer if it means i get a solid non laggy connection, im playing a lot of day z on pc at the moment so lag comes 2nd to none on that game but a lot less than when was with virgin, its actually playable now but most is down to how buggy the game is, fifa etc run smooth as, shame virgin screwed their whole network up at start of the year it used to be perfect

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 74 of 81
Flag for a moderator

Hear that about Virgin. Been with them for 10 years and wouldn’t have a bad word said about them, think it’s telling though that people are willing to take a huge drop in speed to go with other providers though 

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 75 of 81
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, I completely agree with you both! I personally think they have bitten off more than they can chew. I downloaded Call of duty again for it to be installed on a different drive and two hours later it was done and that's a 209GB file on pc but I didn't mind that wait because I know I will have a good connection when in-game! let's be honest how often do people download files that big anyway? plus when you pre-order games most of the time they allow you to Pre-download the game before it gets released.

My friend did that cmd thing where you can ping a website and see what the ms is and he was all over the place 18, 25, 34 then back down to 19 meanwhile mine stays at 10 and it might go up to 11ms now and again but until or if you change over to ghost or even try BT you will notice the difference.

Enjoying the experience on ghost so much i even done a review! 

James 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 76 of 81
Flag for a moderator

What speeds do you get as your only down the road from me? Im getting above the estimated when i signed up

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 77 of 81
Flag for a moderator

I get about 37mb down and 7mb up with 10ms ping haha!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 78 of 81
Flag for a moderator

I had the same then after about a week it shot up to 50mbps

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 79 of 81
Flag for a moderator

Hey guys,

Had BT installed yesterday, trying to figure out how to setup a BQM on Thinkbroadband. I allowed it to set the ip automatically and it generated a long winded code with numbers and letters. Is that an ipv6 address?

Anyhow it just showed 100% packet loss which is obviously incorrect.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 80 of 81
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jason 

Yeah I believe IPV6 is letters and numbers

James

0 Kudos