Menu
SamRipley
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

High packet loss for hours at a time, games unplayable

For the past few weeks I've been getting high ping and packet loss making online games unplayable for hours at a time each day. This issue persists over wifi and wired connection in any port and with the hub in modem mode, have already reset and restarted making no difference. Im on the hub 3.

My BQM:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/95000d98e2dc5e5e6b0694e15301066d225526be

Anyone who can help?

0 Kudos
sophist
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: High packet loss for hours at a time, games unplayable

@SamRipley wrote:

For the past few weeks I've been getting high ping and packet loss making online games unplayable for hours at a time each day. This issue persists over wifi and wired connection in any port and with the hub in modem mode, have already reset and restarted making no difference. Im on the hub 3.

My BQM:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/95000d98e2dc5e5e6b0694e15301066d225526be

Anyone who can help?

Looks like a case of over utilisation in the area.

only virgin can help - but i wouldn’t put any stock into any dates they give you for resolution... 

0 Kudos
SamRipley
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have no other isp's in my area and also get nowhere near advertised speeds, anything at all i can do or do i just have to get scammed paying for virgin till infrastructure changes?

0 Kudos
sophist
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@SamRipley wrote:

I have no other isp's in my area and also get nowhere near advertised speeds, anything at all i can do or do i just have to get scammed paying for virgin till infrastructure changes?

Not that i know of..

I’m in a similar predicament - albeit without the utilisation issues.. best openreach line i can get is a ~15down 1up.. 

0 Kudos