Menu
Simon8787
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

High latency

Hi I’ve been told to come here from Twitter I’ve been getting high ping online any suggestions I’ve got the 1gb package 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: High latency

Well luckily this isn't Twitter, so you can use a few more characters to elaborate the problem.  Things like when?  Doing what?  What is the measured latency?  What's your setup? What on earth persuaded you to go for a Hub 4 and Gig 1 connection if ping is the priority?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Simon8787
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It’s when I go into games my ms goes up to 400+ I’m not really good at this sought of stuff so can’t really go into much detail but it happens every time I was told this was the best speed to go for with what I do and who uses it and ping isn’t my priority it only is now because it’s so high and affecting my gameplay 

0 Kudos
Simon8787
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

55A0C01A-8631-4864-838A-B2B576F474CD.jpeg

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Setup a BQM, and then post a link to a shared, live graph.  Initially that won't show anything, but as a live link it will populate with data as it is recorded.  We'll need at least 24 hours of data to conclude much.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos