Menu
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 11 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: High latency spikes - Games unplayable

Assuming you tried to post BQM, don't seem to have worked...

Try sending a link instead.

Matt
If I've helped please let me know 🙂

10 years in Technical Customer Service, Construction Trades and Administration - Now I'm a Furloughed Chef
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 12 of 23
Flag for a moderator

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/987b113b1ba22c3c2a082285ed1b253c4429f21d-11-04-2020

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 13 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Could you take  bunch of speed tests during the hours these issues occur and post back, also want make sure the connections not getting saturated by any uploading suring this time.

Matt
If I've helped please let me know 🙂

10 years in Technical Customer Service, Construction Trades and Administration - Now I'm a Furloughed Chef
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 23
Flag for a moderator

hey dude. 

You might want to do these few things to aid your problem. 

The first thing a End user must do in any lag or latency issue is have proof of fault, if you do not prove the issue is "on net" (with evidence) then you are likely to get ignored. They best way to get your issue sorted to to do a bit of work that point the issue clearly at your provider.

1  - you need source and destination IPs.  Who ever is going to fix your problem will need to know where you are coming from and where you are going to. This is because you may traverse multiple networks via other providers to get to your destination - hence the issue "may" not be a virgin media one, therefore not their problem.

2 - You need a Trace route.   Showing that you get latency is one thing...but at which hop does this occur? which core network device do you traverse or who's network do you go over. 

3 - perform a traceroute from the internet via a webpage, as this will send packets via a different route. the point here is to show two different paths , one with the problem one without.

4 - look at your trace route from your computer. you will see a (up to) 30 hops / destinations. Each number will represent a device, an IP/ Host-name and the amount of latency you get from "that Hop".  You need to look at where your latency starts and see if it is on the virgin media network or off the virgin media network.  

regards

- Try googling ping plotter - this will give you a constant ping, trace route, and latency check

Flid.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 15 of 23
Flag for a moderator

ping.PNG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 16 of 23
Flag for a moderator

ping 2.PNGping 3.PNG

This is daily, and has been for a while. I can't really provide any more proof and I don't think I really should either, the issue has been reported to virgin and has been swept under the rug, I cannot contact them because of the obvious and Im kinda stuck with this.

It high latency and packet loss, as shown in all of the pictures I am uploaded. 

Many people have reported the same issue, and its come down to either noise on the line or the SH3 and its puma chipset. I'm not technologically knowledgeable when it comes to bandwith and stuff like that BUT I know enough to know there is a hardware or line issue here.

A support member asked me to message them many many days ago now about performing a diagnostic. yet, still I am waiting for a reply.

I appreciate those who are trying to help but we are getting nowhere.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 17 of 23
Flag for a moderator

ping 4.PNG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 18 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Same pattern here. Although i have way more packetloss than that. My ping graph rockets even when nothing is downloading or in use. Just connected only. When not using 2 mobiles via wifi will be connected but no downloads auto on. So for bqm to send mini data to and from the grap is off the charts so if thats the case you mayaswell say bye to any device being connected altogther to use. Its just plain robbery u pay top dollar for no1 provider and get pooped on. How this is allowed is beyond me and yet months after issues that virgin are aware of you cant stop ur DD although your being robbed. Last chance from vm this week as nes cable is being replaced again with rg11 as if thats gonna help. After that im well in 5months of right of cancelling contracts as my nets been poor for all tHt time and all logged. Il then go n get 4g probs pay nors than vm but i reckon itl be working just to do the job better than vm. I remember when vm was kool wow look at it now

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 19 of 23
Flag for a moderator

If you want to know if its upstream or downstream PM me your IP if your hub supports ICMP timestamps.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 20 of 23
Flag for a moderator

ping 88.PNG 

See it personally as an area or faulty router. No way to getting a router replacement if I can't get through to them, only for them to tell me my speeds are fine. 

I have messaged you legacy. 

0 Kudos