Menu
A_10
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

High latency packet loss hub 4

Hi, I recently switched to the Super Hub 4 but now I have been experiencing a lot of connectivity issues with high latency and packet loss when gaming on pc. This has been going on for the past few days and I have tried various methods such as restarting and router and fully reseting. Could someone please look into this issue as it makes my gaming experience unplayable.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: High latency packet loss hub 4

Hi Abubaker,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, Sorry to hear you are suffering latency when gaming since switching to the Hub 4.0, I have tried to have a look at things our end however wasn't able to locate your account with the details we have for you.

When you are playing is this via a Ethernet cable or WIFI?

So we can get a better idea of what's going on I would advise you to set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts.

It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with us. Make sure you uncheck the “ignore ping from WAN side” box in the settings if you see a wall of "red" - note it will take an hour or two to start seeing a sensible picture. please run this for 72 hours and post the results here so we can have a further look into this for you.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
A_10
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I am still experiencing high latency and packet loss but it now varies. Sometimes it runs fine although I still get some packet loss but most of the time I experience sudden spikes of packet loss which makes gaming unplayable. I do play games via ethernet but I did not experience any high latency or packet loss when using the hub 3.

I set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BBQM) to monitor latency and packet loss as you asked. Sorry for the delayed response.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/2510c9297ea2121094634b0bb722364531...

0 Kudos
risc19
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

WOW.

That is some mega packet loss.

It will have nothing to do with HOW you are connecting to your router.

Can you copy and paste the stats from your routers network status.

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Lagfest Modem Mode
0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @A_10

Thanks for sharing the link to your BQM. 

I am sorry to see you are still experiencing issues. 

I have located your account using your forum details and can see there are some performance issues identified.

The downstream signal levels are also out of specification so we would need to send an Engineer out to get this looked at. 

Will pop you a PM now so I can confirm your address and get the appointment booked.

Speak soon! 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide