Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

High latency - over provisioned users in the SM2 Area

After countless calls, 2 engineer visits and no luck I am still facing issues with packet loss and high latency.

The last engineer that came out was very frank and honest with me, she was told that there is high utilisation in this area and that is what they should be telling to customers where on reality it's a case that virgin have sold too many connections in the area and the node can't handle it. Essentially Virgin want profit and don't care about the service they are providing. I have internet so I should be happy.

This is apparently being fixed by the network team in July under COM104051418... I reported this issue in April.

I spend £83 a month on the service and they offered me £80 refund. I don't want this refund I want a decent connection.

Before anyone asks

All cables replaced both my ethernet cables and the engineer replaced the coax cables

Super hub replaced

I don't use wi-fi which is all customer support seem to be able to assist with.

I'm apparently in contract till October and have to pay a huge sum to get out of this mess. 

How is this fair to your customers?

I see 100s of posts on here with the same issue, surely some kind of legal action can be taken 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: High latency - over provisioned users in the SM2 Area

In the same boat. This is ridiculous

I just bought a 4g router and a monthly unlimited sim from 3.. No idea what do do other than wait.. I hate this.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

It's like getting a lease car after 3 months a wheel is removed and your left paying for something that hardly works.

Each member of support never seems to read or update notes and hide behind the secrecy of the network team.

If they just admitted that they can't provide the service understood it's 100% their fault and remove all broadband charges from customer accounts.

The only way we will get them to listen is to get everyone on here facing issues to cancel their Direct debit and not continue to pay. Perhaps of enough of us are stubborn enough they might decide to resolve these issues a bit quicker 

Come October I will be jumping ship from virgin and finding a different provider... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Why wait?  The company know what their network utilisation issue is (on the basis they're competent), so they sold contracts they reasonably should have known they couldn't deliver.

So, search, read and follow the Virgin Media Complaints Code of Practice,  Give the company the regulatory eight weeks to resolve the complaint (or admit "deadlock" before then), then escalate to the industry arbitration scheme CISAS, requesting release from contract without penalty, and compensation for both poor service and wasted time. 

Message to VM senior mangement:  These over-utilisation issues are becoming rather common, n'est pas?  Can't you sort this out rather than end up piddling off customers, losing business, damaging your corporate reputation, and then being given a well deserved and expensive kicking by CISAS?  **bleep**, this isn't rocket science. 

Note: "mangement", nope that's not a typo.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I raised a complaint and they immediately sent me a letter to tell me they have attempted to contact me and as I haven't responded they will be closing the case or I can text a number.

They never called - I asked to call on my virgin landline .. I haven't been anywhere it's lockdown so they have blatantly not attempted.

I will have a look at this now thank you for this eye opening information.

It's a shame I have to go through hoops just to get somewhere

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @jlangford9284

Thanks for taking the time to join our community and for your first post about your broadband issues that you are currently having. 

I have taken a look at your account for you and whilst I cannot discuss the open complaint on this public forum, I can update it with this conversation. I can also advise you that at the time of writing you are impacted by an known area issues under reference number F008005894.

The estimated fix date for this is currently 15th July 2020. This has already been logged on your complaint for you. Until this issue is cleared, we are unable to send any new equipment or book any technicians - I am sorry. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

How is that an acceptable response?

So I don't have to pay until it's fixed and I get a full refund? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @jlangford9284

Cheers for popping back - sorry that you are not happy with the reply; I was simply trying to update you with the reference number and estimated fix time for your issues.

For this particular issue, we have set credit amounts depending on your package cost. It is not a full refund as it is an intermittent issue. 

Whilst I am unable to discuss the credits with you on the public forum - you can check your bills for any refund that has already been added. This can be done online at anytime via your online account 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Until the issue is cleared....

What I find totally unacceptable is how you claim there is a network issue and can only tell me it's high utilisation

Be transparent and give full details of the ticket

What is the last update from the network team? 

What is going on? Why do I get no information just a date that extends each time

Why do I have to suffer with these issues when my neighbor who also has virgin seems to be okay ...  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

More than happy to supply with as much information as we have @jlangford9284 - we're not here to hide anything from you, 

The current issue we have raised (F008005894) was first raised on 1st May 2020. It has been logged as local congestion and we are working towards some upgraded to help improve your services. This issue is not impacting everyone in your area which is why it is not listed on our status page. 

The last update from the Network team was to update the estimated fix time and this was done around 9am this morning - there are no other updates currently visible, I am sorry. 

You have the ticket number and you are more than welcome to pop back for updates here on this thread if you wish to do so; we can check the ticket for updates at anytime and are happy to share if there are any listed. 

Hope that helps. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos