Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

High latency in games

As of around february, I have been experiencing very high ping when playing games. These are mostly on my PC however the issues are still felt when gaming on console too. The PC is hard wired into a SH3 and the consoles are connected via wifi. 

The high latency tends to stabilise in the middle of the night around midnight and then spikes again at around 9 to 10am.

Below is a link to a BQM of my current home connection:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/2621ce74f98a1ba01d262837f14701530c...

Any ideas on what I can do to remedy this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: High latency in games

Run a Puma 6 Test, and post your results here. Google puma 6 test.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

When I run the test, I get the following result:

Puma6 test.PNG

I'm going to guess this isnt ideal?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I cant see the pic. But if loads of RED then that bad.

This is mine

pum6test2.JPG

--
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Not sure why the picture isn't loading, but yes a lot of red. Only one or two squares of green in fact. As well as around half of the text being red with a lot of x's. Any idea what could be causing this? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Log into the SH3, and try to find the Software (firmware) version, and post that in here.

--
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The software version is: 9.1.1811.401

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi TXM,

I am a Virgin Technician and due to the COVID-19 I am self-isolating :(, I am unable to help customers in person and so i am available to help others with my personal experience gained from years of solving many complex service and installations jobs.

I could do a diagnostic for you if you wish? Pm me and i can try to help further. 

Kind regards,

Virgin Media Field Technician.

Afshin

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos