High latency and packet loss

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: High latency and packet loss

BQM looks like severe over-subscription (local network can't handle the traffic volumes).  Often that's because VM have signed up and connected more customers than their network has spare capacity, sometimes its due to reduced capacity due to an equipment fault or temporary constraints for network improvement.

If is because VM have signed up too many customers, then there's bad news for you: They rarely invest to add additional capacity, because its financially advantageous simply to take the customers' money, and accept that when sufficient customers leave, traffic volumes will come down to the design capacity.

See if the forum staff can shed any light on the matter, but unless there's a clear and compelling explanation, and a believable fix date, then you might need to start looking for a new ISP.

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for the quick response. O dear, that doesn't sound good 😕

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm also getting packet loss however, i'm almost sure that it's a software/ configuration issue causing issues. packetloss1.png2.5packetlossinterval.png0packtloss5second interval.png

Notice how as i increase the intervals from 1sec - 2.5 - 5 Packet loss goes away clearly a bad router config/software issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm also getting packet loss however, i'm almost sure that it's a software/ configuration issue causing issues.

@ pukka94: Can't see your images as haven't yet been moderated, but in any event, always best to start your own thread - it is difficult for the amateur helpers and VM staff to respond to multiple issues within one thread.  I'd suggest you start your own thread, post BQM data as links not images, and hub data as formatted text.  Images take too long to get approved, and use too much bandwidth (in my opinion!).  Then you'll get the attention you need.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, i've made my own thread with the images. The images basically just show ping plotter where my packet loss is happening. The PL is at my router i can test under intervals of 1 second=94% PL  2.5 seconds=38% PL 5 seconds= 0% PL. 

0 Kudos