Menu
debsgriff
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

High lanency at peak times.

To be perfectly honest with you since getting virgin i have had nothing but problems with the wifi, the speeds and having to reset router almost daily just to stop lagging in games.

I play World of Warcraft and  at peak times from 5pm-9pm it has been unplayable. Ping going from 23ms to 2000ms it has been really bad this past two weeks but even before that my connection was not very good. I even went out and bought a asus RT-AC86U router. Which was much better, but even now the lag is back.

Can someone help me? i would ofc try and use the online chat be to be honest they are useless, i have tried them multipul times, to be told to wait up to 24 hours they then expect me to be at my pc waiting on a reply from them that is all automated crap. if i am not there they put me to the back of the queue again. Really have thinking of going else where.

0 Kudos
tom11111
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: High lanency at peak times.

I wouldn't waste your time trying to speak to the techs on the phone. They are useless. Call cancellations and tell them to send an engineer or you're leaving the service 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: High lanency at peak times.

Good morning @debsgriff 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

So that we are able to monitor the situation please could you set up a BQM?  I am sure you know how to do this but just to make sure if you follow these steps: 

www.thinkbroadband.co.uk > Test my broadband > *drop down* > "start broadband monitor now". 

You will need to set up an account, but if we can look at 24/48 hours of information it would be very helpful. 

When coming to sharing the information with us, if you follow these steps: 

>Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

> Share Live Graph then click generate.

> Copy the text in the direct Link box.

>On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

>In the URL box paste the link you copied and in the ‘text to display’ box write My BQM then click OK - you can post the link straight away.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos