Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

High SV in CSGO with new connection

Hey all, so I have just moved from Twickenham to Sunbury and have decided to stay with Virgin after 2 good years of solid connection. After a few days of calling the awful Virgin customer support it's finally up and running. I'm on the 200mb package and for some reason I am only getting 100mb but that's not my issue. 

I play a few PC games but the one I play most is CSGO. I am getting a spiked SV in my netgraph. This basically means I'm lagging and have micro stutters in game which are extremely noticeable. I didn't have this issue in our old flat but for some reason this new place is having issues.

I need some help please before I rip my hair out!! 

Thanks, 
Jake

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: High SV in CSGO with new connection

Are you experiencing the issues in Community Servers or in Valve Officals like Comp or Casual? If you're getting it on casual then most likely it's just a Valve issue since I get that time to time but not in community/ranked. Also, are you experiencing the issue via WiFi or Hardwired connection?

If you get it everywhere then I'd recommend going to http://192.168.0.1/ and clicking Check Router Status and posting Downstream, Upstream and Network Log.

EDIT: Also check in the CS main menu > Settings Menu > Game > Max Acceptable Game Traffic Bandwidth and ensure it's not on "Extremely Unrestricted" or "Extremely Restricted". My personal is on "Unrestricted" but if you want to play it safe, then "4Mbps" would suffice.

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: High SV in CSGO with new connection

Could be any one of a huge number of things, I suggest we start be taking a look at the latency on your connection, and the easiest way of doing that is to trundle over to thinkbroadband.com setup a (free) account, and then create a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM).  Let that run for 24 hours and see what it shows - post a link to the chart here in a reply. 

If you're feeling enthusiastic you could also post the contents of the Downstream, Upstream and Network logs tabs within your hub's router status pages.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos