Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

High Ping spikes and packet sending issues

For the last 4/5 days my ping has been terrible, sits at around 30 on European servers (as it normally does) but will fluctuate anywhere up to 1000ms, I've tried everything I can think of to help but nothing seems to work, can't get through to virgin due to the virus (tried at least 10 times). Ping issue doesn't change when the router is in modem mode or not. I think the best option would be to get a new hub 3 as this fixed similar ping problems in the past but cannot get in contact with Virgin to require a new one. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: High Ping spikes and packet sending issues

Alfie

I hear you, its unplayable currently.

Poor.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

checked on ping plotter, 100% a Virgin issue with mains servers rather than our hardware or local hardware

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm no expert in these matters but I have had problems for 3 months on ps4 and found that it is down to network traffic in my area which has gotten worse this last week or so with everyone home bound.

I have had a new hub 3 about a month ago which didn't solve the issue so I wouldn't put a bet on a new one fixing yours.

I wouldn't count on VM fixing mine anytime soon and I have been thinking about switching ISP but with this pandemic going on I don't know what to do 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Im sure we have evryeight to leave. They dnt know arse to elbow so over this torrid time u just tellnthem al the crapnu endured

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

League of Legends is unplayable.

World of Warcraft is borderline playable.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Same here, high ping spikes from 10am until around midnight. VM engineer says lines are overloaded with so many people sitting at home and using the internet and network team are looking in to resolving this, but that means hardware replacement, which I don't think will happen any time soon. Reading about DOCSIS 3.0 technology it seems that latency develops with high usage, so there is no cure apart upgrading to DOCSIS 3.1.

Wonder how it is with other ISPs at the moment? My contract ran out couple days ago and I'm looking to move. 

I've hot hub2 in modem mode. 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/c7e8f42bd8a5aaa71e7feadae13a2836a6...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Openreach are doing no installs until at least 1st June.

I'd be gone if i could get FTTC, even if the estimated speed is 40 mb.
0 Kudos