Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

High Ping and Poor Performance

As others have mentioned currently performance is all over the place, would be interested to know if there is a fault or if this is simply due to the lockdown.

Dont want to add strain on the guys that are keeping on top of this forum but i just want to make sure that i haven't got a fault and it is just congestion.

I have my hub 3 in modem mode and use the netgear XR500 and recent speed tests have yielded some very high pings from 25 - 50 ms ping to the router (usually this reads 8 - 12ms ping) before the issues.

Speeds still showing as normal however a definite noticaeble change when online gaming, it's unplayable.

Can send my account and area details to the relevent people to check for me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: High Ping and Poor Performance

Hi Paul

I have personal messaged you to get some more details about the fault

Thanks

Josh

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

If you can PM me with your account details I can run a diagnostic check.

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

sent reply to both but not had any response, appreciate current issues may be the reason.

0 Kudos