Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

High Latency when gaming

Hi all, I am gaming a lot these days and since i updated my contract through virgin in February i have nothing but ping problems and latency issues across multiple devices. I have had 2 engineer visits and made 4 phone calls to virgin media and have had no luck getting a resolution.

the only response i got was telling me i have to pay more money for them to troubleshoot my issue. is there any way i can get this resolved. it seems to be non stop at the moment and its driving me and my sister mad when we are gaming. competitive games are nearly impossible to play.

TIA for all advice for things i can do with my router.

I have tried wired and wireless connections and this is happening to both my PC, Playstation and my sisters PC upstairs. my gaming set up is right next to my router as i thought that would be beneficial. it doesn't appear so! 

I am pulling my hair out here. 

thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: High Latency when gaming

Two things we'll need for starters:

1) Head over to that fine website, thinkbroadband.com create an account and setup a Broadband Quality Monitor.  Let it run for 24 hours, then post a link (not an image) to a shared snapshot chart here.  

2) Connect to the hub, click the link Check router status, and then post (again as text) the contents of the status tabs titled Downstream, Upstream and Network log.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos