Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

High Latency - how to currently open a ticket/complaint with Virgin

Hi

I see lots of us suffering similar issues with unacceptably high spikes on latency and high packet loss making gaming virtually impossible.

I have trawled through the Virgin media site but have been unable to find out how I currently can formally raise a ticket on this so that my complaint is on record. 

Any directions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: High Latency - how to currently open a ticket/complaint with Virgin

Hi,

PM your Account Number and Area Reference and I'll look into it

Thanks,

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a Service Field Technician at Virgin. However, all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just PM’d details requested.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I text the number and pretty much got told that the network cant cope and anyone having issues needs to wait.

https://imgur.com/a/GGKMrnP?fbclid=IwAR1FCmNAJiJRRQe0P9mWaKMfWshJp0izgvg6MSQX0BVgCZesK0ocHrycP4I

I may have been a little rude but pretty much told to wait.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@AngryToast that's quite poor. Need to start sharing our experiences on social media, Virgin Media is looking like a UK version of Comcast.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It is, well part of Liberty Global anyway not Comcast, another American company though.

And to be honest, how the Virgin person spoke in the texts I think was rude as hell.

aNd what kind of monster doesn't capitalise the first letter of their sentence.

Guess its better than if he were to capitalise the second letter instead of the first.

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a Service Field Technician at Virgin. However, all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

That text message is highly unprofessional, but it's a good example VM's attitude to customer service, which is already awful  at the best of times. 

You should send it to some tech websites like www.theregister.co.uk and www.ispreview.co.uk as they may be interested. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Same issue for me. Every day between around 1 pm and 5 pm I'm losing connection or it's really spotty. In the evenings after around 7 pm it's extremely unstable. I called up earlier and was told that its a known problem with my area and was given a work order reference that I would be able to check via my virgin media. Couldn't find anywhere to verify the work order in my virgin so I called up again. I asked the guy I spoke to if he could escalate my call to the network escalations team based on my previous phone call and he refused. Said he couldn't see any problems with my line so there wasn't a reason for him to escalate the issue. I asked to speak to his manager and he refused. I was put on hold for 10-15mins and when he came back he said the same thing and hung up on me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Still no reply from anyone at Virgin, unable to get through on the phone and the issues get worse. Work video calls during the day not possible and gaming not possible until at least 11pm. I know that there are wide infrastructure/over subscription issues but I would like something local to be ruled out as a factor.

Any prospect of a reply from Virgin or this being looked at by a Virgin engineer?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

"who told you our or any other network can cope"

Funny that, every friend of mine who's on a service from BT or other openreach CP's have told me their gaming is fine.