cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Latency Spikes Whilst Gaming

GrantBC
Joining in

Good morning,

I had my Hub 3 installed on the 20th, after a very long delay waiting for the cable connecting from the box to the property, only to find that my ping seems to fluctuate far too often for me to enjoy online gaming. I've tried a few different configurations to no avail - Hub 3 in modem mode connected to an XR500 (which worked fine at my old property on Plusnet and has since been factory reset), the Hub 3 in router mode, different ethernet cables for the Xbox, having the Xbox on WiFi.

Please can someone help me with this? As a new customer it's not filling me with confidence for the rest of my contract

Kind regards

Grant

9 REPLIES 9

GrantBC
Joining in

I've read in previous posts about posting BQM so here's one I started last night

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/4e10dd244aa5c47faf384b03467f41476d...

Good Afternoon @GrantBC, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you.

Sorry to hear of the connection issues at your new property. 

Looking into the stats of the hub, there doesn't appear to be an issues showing, or outages in the local area.

Has the connection issue continued over the course of the last 48 hours?

Any further BQM graphs during this period are welcome.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi @David_Bn,

Thank you for your response.

Yes, the problems have continued, please see the latest BQM here:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/4e10dd244aa5c47faf384b03467f41476d...

Do let me know if there's anything I can provide.

Many thanks,

Grant

Hi GrantBC, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you have been having issues with the service, what is the BQM looking like at the moment?

Are you still having issues since your last post? 

Chris. 

Hi Chris,

I have since phoned Virgin support and a technician has been out today. They swapped my router claiming that I had a refurbished unit put in when the broadband was initially installed. I'll see how I get on with this new unit.

Kind regards,

Grant.

Hi Grant,

Thank you for the update, sorry to hear the issue may have been caused by a refurbished Router, please keep an eye on things and let us know how it goes.

Regards

Paul.